Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
mtber36 said:
Anybody been out there in the last day or so? Opinions on rideability?
Thanks
It looked pretty promising when I passed it on the way to work this morning, but I have not been on the trail itself so I can't vouch for actual rideability.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I was there last week before the last storms and I was surprised how dry it was, good all the up with just a couple of small snow patches on Red Mesa loop; I did not do Plymouth mtn. I think it should be pretty much good to go today.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I rode it last night and the conditions were fantastic. There is a little water running here and there with the last of the snow melting away, and a few mud patches you can slowly go through, but the downhill part of Red Mesa is primo (remember to do it clockwise!).

I will say as always happens after a muddy period that horses have torn the dog sh*t out of the lower trail. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
SiberianYETI said:
I will say as always happens after a muddy period that horses have torn the dog sh*t out of the lower trail. :rolleyes:
Nah - that can't be the case, horses are a primitive means of transportation, they can't tear up trails, don't be silly.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As one of my former riding buddies once said to an equestrian accusing bikes of damaging trails "We can argue that all day but one thing is certain: Mountain bikers don't sh!t all over the trail!"

·
ride, eat, live
238 Posts
pack it in...pack it out

mtber36 said:
As one of my former riding buddies once said to an equestrian accusing bikes of damaging trails "We can argue that all day but one thing is certain: Mountain bikers don't sh!t all over the trail!"
ha ha ha...good one.

maybe they should institute a "pack it in pack it out" rule for horses

anyway....hope deer creek is all good because i want to ride that little who-uh this weekend

·
Non Dual Bliss
6,240 Posts
SiberianYETI said:
You wish! Though the horses have torn up the trail, I can assure the dog shite is still there.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I rode it last night

I didn't do Red Mesa due to time constraints but everything else was great. As noted above there were a couple of spots with water running across the trail and the horse related damage. Go for it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.