Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,523 Posts
rcmay said:
anyone here running deemax's? I think I am about to order some, just trying to get some opinions before hand.
do you own a downhill movie? if you do count how many racers/ riders there are in the movie and see how many of them run demax wheelsets.... i can bet you that you could easily count over 30 out of 100 or so
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know they are good, probably the best, but are they lightweight(comparitively speaking) to other wheelsets? Im going to try to build up an sx trail(66rc2x, deemaxs, thomson stem and seatpost, X0 everything, holzfeller crankset) and I want it to be around 35 lbs. So a good, strong, lightweight set of wheels is key.
 
G

·
rcmay said:
I know they are good, probably the best, but are they lightweight(comparitively speaking) to other wheelsets? Im going to try to build up an sx trail(66rc2x, deemaxs, thomson stem and seatpost, X0 everything, holzfeller crankset) and I want it to be around 35 lbs. So a good, strong, lightweight set of wheels is key.
Deemaxes will be at home on a strong and light SX trail, but maybe a bit on the strong side.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,396 Posts
rcmay said:
I know they are good, probably the best, but are they lightweight(comparitively speaking) to other wheelsets? Im going to try to build up an sx trail(66rc2x, deemaxs, thomson stem and seatpost, X0 everything, holzfeller crankset) and I want it to be around 35 lbs. So a good, strong, lightweight set of wheels is key.
go for some hadley hubs and 823's way better hubs than what are on deemaxs and same rims.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
643 Posts
ok check this out, i was initially going to buy the outlaws, they were sold out from my provider so i though o well, fook it. So then my next idea was to just go big and get the deemax's but then there was a wait period of about 5 weeks for me to get them so i thought that it was too long and i can find something else by that time. Time went by and i didnt find anyhting i liked so i was going to re-order the deemax's and call it a day but then i descoverd the industry nines and i was set. Pretty much the greatest wheel i have ever set eyes on. so now ill be waiting my 3-4 weeks for my industry nines. Granted they will cost you about how much your own life is worth but it is well worth it in my mind.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,230 Posts
Damn, where the f**k have I been, under a f**kin' rock. Industry Nine headquarters is less than 20 minutes from my house, they are in Asheville, NC. I have heard of them before, but did not know that they were a local manufacturer. The other big name local manufacturer around here is Cane Creek. This sh*t was developed on the trails I ride. Damn.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,396 Posts
ilikepinkbikes said:
ok check this out, i was initially going to buy the outlaws, they were sold out from my provider so i though o well, fook it. So then my next idea was to just go big and get the deemax's but then there was a wait period of about 5 weeks for me to get them so i thought that it was too long and i can find something else by that time. Time went by and i didnt find anyhting i liked so i was going to re-order the deemax's and call it a day but then i descoverd the industry nines and i was set. Pretty much the greatest wheel i have ever set eyes on. so now ill be waiting my 3-4 weeks for my industry nines. Granted they will cost you about how much your own life is worth but it is well worth it in my mind.
i would cry if i scratched those.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,669 Posts
your only allowed to use DeeMax wheels if they clash with the other colours of your bike and look horrible. otherwise your build sounds great, expect for the lack of an SDG i-Beam. but anyways this is a prime example of the colour clash your looking for.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,396 Posts
BJ- said:
your only allowed to use DeeMax wheels if they clash with the other colours of your bike and look horrible. otherwise your build sounds great, expect for the lack of an SDG i-Beam. but anyways this is a prime example of the colour clash your looking for.

:eek: that is horrible. that is my dream bike (w/o the dee's)

if you know that person, punch them for me! that bike desrves better!

honestly i don't care, i'm just extremly bored..... tv sucks. ans so do eminem's songs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,669 Posts
JBsoxB said:
:eek: that is horrible. that is my dream bike (w/o the dee's)

if you know that person, punch them for me! that bike desrves better!

honestly i don't care, i'm just extremly bored..... tv sucks. ans so do eminem's songs.
i might pass on punching Sam Hill when i see him at nationals, i think id rather give the guy some incouragement and watch him win.

and yes the new Sunday World Cup Frames are quite nice... :p
 

·
Glad to Be Alive
Joined
·
43,009 Posts
rcmay said:
I know they are good, probably the best, but are they lightweight(comparitively speaking) to other wheelsets? Im going to try to build up an sx trail(66rc2x, deemaxs, thomson stem and seatpost, X0 everything, holzfeller crankset) and I want it to be around 35 lbs. So a good, strong, lightweight set of wheels is key.
um...hello...go tubeless with Mavic EX823's
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,417 Posts
kidwoo said:
Deemax's are tubeless.

Hell they might even be the same rim.
They are the same rim, except the DeeMaxes are 28 spoke instead of the 32/36 of the 823s. I'm not a huge fan of the DeeMax color but they are light and they hold up so I have no complaints about mine. the EX823s give you the option of running whatever hub you want. I think some industry nine hubs and spokes laced to 823s would be super sick.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top