Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1881 - 1900 of 1949 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks for the feedback on shock psi. Sounds like I need to bump it up by about another 15-20 psi to hit that 10% increase and try that tomorrow.
Cascade Components recommends 15.1mm of sag at the shock which will equate to 30% sag at the wheel. This is per their previous comments in this thread.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Find me a Ripmo that cracked in the same place on the downtube. I'll wait. This idea that all carbon bikes are equally fragile is utter nonsense. I'm also not putting all the blame on the guard (but that would still be Spesh fault). There are at least 3 frames in this thread that cracked in the same location and this is fairly new frame release.
before I had a ripmo v1 and I took hits in the same area so hard that I thought I had destroyed everything but luckily not even a sign ..
and so also on my previous bikes (slash, nomad)

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Cascade Components recommends 15.1mm of sag at the shock which will equate to 30% sag at the wheel. This is per their previous comments in this thread.
We all measure a bit different obviously.

For me the stock link really was perfect at 15.5-15.8 mm sag but on the Cascade link it felt more dialed in around 16mm sag.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Thinking about getting a V2 One Up Dropper in 30.9 diameter, is the specialized shim that comes with the bike for 30.9 or 31.6?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
This bike is so easy (and fun) to ride aggressively! Count me as a long chainstay and WB convert. I feel like it really lends itself to more powerful and natural body movements. Forgive me on the latent stoke, my springtime stuff is juuuust starting to open up now.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
134 Posts
This bike is so easy (and fun) to ride aggressively! Count me as a long chainstay and WB convert. I feel like it really lends itself to more powerful and natural body movements. Forgive me on the latent stoke, my springtime stuff is juuuust starting to open up now.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
No forgiveness necessary . Stoke is real.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Got my 2021 Stumpjumper Evo LTD S5 today! At 6 ft 2 I actually expected a little larger cockpit, could easily have gone S6. One ride in and a few observations:

It shipped with the Rockshox Coil, even though I read here they stopped doing that? - Feels good though!

The 160mm Zeb select+ doesnt feel amazing, seems so stingy that they put the cheap damper on a £6000 bike! Might just swap them for a 36/38 or zeb ultimate, may up to 170 at the same time, anyone had any issues running a 170mm fork ?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Got my 2021 Stumpjumper Evo LTD S5 today! At 6 ft 2 I actually expected a little larger cockpit, could easily have gone S6. One ride in and a few observations:

It shipped with the Rockshox Coil, even though I read here they stopped doing that? - Feels good though!

The 160mm Zeb select+ doesnt feel amazing, seems so stingy that they put the cheap damper on a £6000 bike! Might just swap them for a 36/38 or zeb ultimate, may up to 170 at the same time, anyone had any issues running a 170mm fork ?
You could just swap the damper in your Zeb. It might be easier and cheaper than trying to find a Zeb Ultimate.

·
Registered
10 Posts

The zeb select plus comes with the 2.1 charger same as the ultimate. Only thing it lacks is high speed compression adjust just fyi

·
Registered
86 Posts
EDIT: SOLD

On that note, the bump in PSI would put me over max psi on my super deluxe, so I'm going to be selling my Cascade Link. DM if interested. Been ridden just a couple times. Thinking $175 shipped to lower 48.

View media item 1807302
Thanks for the feedback on shock psi. Sounds like I need to bump it up by about another 15-20 psi to hit that 10% increase and try that tomorrow.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Cool, yeah, same as mine. But yours has not cracked right?

Have you ridden a RS and liked one before? For me they always felt great less than 15mph but anything more than that they just bricked up and got worse as they heated up too. If you've rebuilt one the internals look pretty cheap as well. Plus Sram won't deal with customers so you have to bring it to a bike shop. I had a brand new Pike that had serious bushing bind and it was nightmare to get it fixed.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hey guys - just under 200mi on my bike - roughly 20ish hours.

I’m getting some creaking / crunching noises from the crank area, and near the head tube.

I recently swapped the pedals and greased the threads so I’m fairly certain that’s not the problem in the crank area - anyone get creaks/noises from the crank are? If so what should I check?

I’m also getting some noise from the head tube area. Not sure if it’s the stem or bars or from the head tube.

Wondering if anyone else solved noises in those areas? Otherwise I’m going to just start digging in.

Thanks in advance. My bike is an EVO Comp build.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The zeb select plus comes with the 2.1 charger same as the ultimate. Only thing it lacks is high speed compression adjust just fyi
Cool, yeah, same as mine. But yours has not cracked right?

Have you ridden a RS and liked one before? For me they always felt great less than 15mph but anything more than that they just bricked up and got worse as they heated up too. If you've rebuilt one the internals look pretty cheap as well. Plus Sram won't deal with customers so you have to bring it to a bike shop. I had a brand new Pike that had serious bushing bind and it was nightmare to get it fixed.
Yeah I have a similar experience. There is something about them that doesn't feel quite right at high speeds

I didn't realise it's essentially the same damper as the ultimate though, I might give it a few rides and see.

Anyone rode the EVO as a mullet and also 29er to compare? Still tempted by the cascade + 29

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Yeah I have a similar experience. There is something about them that doesn't feel quite right at high speeds

I didn't realise it's essentially the same damper as the ultimate though, I might give it a few rides and see.

Anyone rode the EVO as a mullet and also 29er to compare? Still tempted by the cascade + 29
Charger 2.1rc vs RC2 damper. They are not the same. Having both a Zeb and a 38.... Zeb all day, and I haven’t ridden RS suspension since 2015.

1881 - 1900 of 1949 Posts