Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1945 Posts

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Seems like everyone here is bailing out of their '20 Enduro. Elaborate?
I am keeping both as well. The Enduro is a brute and absolutely unstoppable. Fantastic bike for the steeps and high speed chunder. The Evo is way more agile and playful. With the Enduro you point it straight anything and let go of the brakes. With the Evo you can get through the same stuff, but it needs better line choices and the ability to pull up when necessary. The Evo excels when you want to throw the bike around more and hop over things rather than plow through.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Seems like everyone here is bailing out of their '20 Enduro. Elaborate?
I tend to flip my bikes anyway because if I time it well, they don't actually cost me anything & I had the opportunity to do so.

The Enduro certainly wasn't a bad bike though - it was in fact really good. But its positive is also it's downfall in my opinion - it needs to go fast & hard all the time & it's a big bike to pedal around, even with the local terrain. Racing has also been non existent this year in the UK, so seemed pointless to keep it.

The Evo I would wager is 99.9% as fast, but more playful & has the ability to be set up for varying terrains. Sadly I never got to race the Enduro but I think there maybe a small handful of times a year it would be the better bike for me.

·
Registered
30 Posts
20201031_155051.jpg

just did a three day Moab run with the Comp Evo. not much to add other than some new Enve M9 50mm rise bars have it feeling so much better. definitely need to swap out the rotors.

have just over 120 miles on the bike so far and am very impressed. definitely more of a line finder than a plow bike. ideal for some of the tech in Moab.

very surprised how well the T9 Butcher has held up. Eliminator is showing some wear but nothing abnormal.

hope everyone that got on the first shipment has been enjoying theirs as much as I have!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Anybody knows when Specialized will release more Evo's ?

Also did anyone bought an LTD version ? It was in the press release but so far I haven't seen one...

All you guys are pretty lucky ! Enjoy it and post some pics !
I ordered a LTD in S4. First delivery date was mid of October, now delayed to mid of November. LBS told me, that this delivery date should be pretty safe.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Which shop?? I just hate the Sram brakes on the Expert but tempted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Erik's Bikes in Hurricane UT. There were quite a few out there in general last time I looked. I just passed on a Comp at Cynergy Cycles in Santa Monica because they got in an Expert and I grabbed that instead. If you share your zip code and size I can tell you where the closest bikes are.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Erik's Bikes in Hurricane UT. There were quite a few out there in general last time I looked. I just passed on a Comp at Cynergy Cycles in Santa Monica because they got in an Expert and I grabbed that instead. If you share your zip code and size I can tell you where the closest bikes are.
Cool thanks. I’ll give them a ring. I’m in Albuquerque so that’s a tad far to drive. The closest bikes to me are about 6 hours away in Arizona or Colorado. And I know none of these shops will ship.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Well, found a place with a black Expert S4 in stock and decided to buy it. Figured the upgrade was worth it since I was going to buy a grip 2 dampener anyways. I just hope the Code RS brakes don’t fade like the Code Rs due. Hopefully will get it this week depending on work schedule.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Does anyone know the stem length?? All I see on the website is 35mm bar bore for the Expert.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I am keeping both as well. The Enduro is a brute and absolutely unstoppable. Fantastic bike for the steeps and high speed chunder. The Evo is way more agile and playful. With the Enduro you point it straight anything and let go of the brakes. With the Evo you can get through the same stuff, but it needs better line choices and the ability to pull up when necessary. The Evo excels when you want to throw the bike around more and hop over things rather than plow through.
What's your thoughts on the new Evo compare to the older model?

·
Registered
285 Posts
If anyone gets a line on an S5 frame only, let me know.
Fanatik has pre-order available on S5 S-Works in either color, with an ETA of mid-December. That ain't bad at all. They're one of a handful of Specialized dealers whose dealer agreements allow them to ship frames.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
What's your thoughts on the new Evo compare to the older model?
New bike feels much more lively and definitely pedals better. I need more time on it to get a really good opinion, but I am off the bike for a few weeks unfortunately.

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Fanatik has pre-order available on S5 S-Works in either color, with an ETA of mid-December. That ain't bad at all. They're one of a handful of Specialized dealers whose dealer agreements allow them to ship frames.
Thanks for the lead.
I've paid for a frame thru Mike's Bikes and frankly they have been fantastic, responsive and what not. They emailed me just today and told me that Spesh was to provide them with a good approximate delivery date this week.
Spesh, told me that no more frames were expected this year.

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
New bike feels much more lively and definitely pedals better. I need more time on it to get a really good opinion, but I am off the bike for a few weeks unfortunately.
Hopefully you didn't fall off and bust yourself up. And thanks for the pedaling report, that's a large factor for me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hmmmm... does anybody have some comparison to the megatower. Heard some voices that the Evo should be more fun. But I don‘t want to loose too much „plowability“.
Thx!

41 - 60 of 1945 Posts