Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
2321 - 2340 of 2563 Posts

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,322 ·
Question is what is the best way to get one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Need to make good use of Google Shopping.

I have been able to find everything I need/want for two builds in the last few weeks, but it was not simple. Brakes and tires from Europe, cranks from a hole in the wall local supplier, frame bought and then cancelled by the seller because they oversold it then located locally and picked up, etc, etc.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
The Specialized site specifies a shock stroke of 55mm. I was looking at getting the EXT Storia Lok v3, but they appear to have a very limited number (2) of springs available in the 55 stroke length. Are people running 60mm or springs from another source, or what?

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
The Specialized site specifies a shock stroke of 55mm. I was looking at getting the EXT Storia Lok v3, but they appear to have a very limited number (2) of springs available in the 55 stroke length. Are people running 60mm or springs from another source, or what?
As I recall the spring length is 105, and you can use a 114 (or something) as well.

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
I rarely ran the DPX2 because it was very unsettled for me and I had other options (EXT/TTX and then a X2) but I did give it a honest go for a few weeks.
DPX2 was 210 psi with Cascade link and the Float X with Cascade is at 185 , both set to 16mm sag.
Thanks, what’s your weight?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just run a longer spring. I'm running a 63mm spring which has the side effect of making the rear end feel better and more stiff laterally. It's also a heavier spring rate than what I was using previously which may also be contributing to the increased lateral stiffness due to the spring being thicker.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Just run a longer spring. I'm running a 63mm spring which has the side effect of making the rear end feel better and more stiff laterally. It's also a heavier spring rate than what I was using previously which may also be contributing to the increased lateral stiffness due to the spring being thicker.

I ran a 114, tolerances are pretty tight on the EXT and at compression it would touch the body making a pretty awful rubbing noise. I would run the shortest spring you can on the EXT.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I ran a 114, tolerances are pretty tight on the EXT and at compression it would touch the body making a pretty awful rubbing noise. I would run the shortest spring you can on the EXT.
Had this problem on my last EXT. Yes its an extremely expensive shock but you can take a razor blade and shave off portions of the plastic body protector. I couldn't stand the sound, so to me it was worth it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I can shed some light on this for you. Previously EXT was offering springs labeled by the actual length of the spring (105, 117, etc.) and the 105's were rated to max stroke of 55mm. They have recently began moving to a system where the max stroke is listed on the spring but there is some variability of the actual length of spring. Currently the shortest springs offered are the C60 which means that it is rated for a stroke of up to 60mm. This is not to say that a bigger C65 will not work it is just going to be a bit heavier. We do still have some 105 springs available in different sizes but we are trying really hard to reserve them for smaller stroke shocks like 190x45, but if you specifically ask for one I will get you one if we have them. I should note that we do have springs currently in stock for all weights in C60, C65, and C75.

As for the spring rub issue, it is something that we are definitely aware of but have not seemed to have seen as much of it lately.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've been searching for a fox float X for weeks now. Every single shop around, either local or web, same response, 2-3 months at best before they receive any in. Everyone is saying the same, were suppose to hit July but got pushed back to mid August but that can change again! Ugh!!! lol..

·
Registered
339 Posts
I've been searching for a fox float X for weeks now. Every single shop around, either local or web, same response, 2-3 months at best before they receive any in. Everyone is saying the same, were suppose to hit July but got pushed back to mid August but that can change again! Ugh!!! lol..
Fanatik got some in earlier this week, but I believe they’re all gone already. Might have been trunnion only, which would be useless here, but anyway, it looks like they’re starting to trickle out.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
I can shed some light on this for you. Previously EXT was offering springs labeled by the actual length of the spring (105, 117, etc.) and the 105's were rated to max stroke of 55mm. They have recently began moving to a system where the max stroke is listed on the spring but there is some variability of the actual length of spring. Currently the shortest springs offered are the C60 which means that it is rated for a stroke of up to 60mm. This is not to say that a bigger C65 will not work it is just going to be a bit heavier. We do still have some 105 springs available in different sizes but we are trying really hard to reserve them for smaller stroke shocks like 190x45, but if you specifically ask for one I will get you one if we have them. I should note that we do have springs currently in stock for all weights in C60, C65, and C75.

As for the spring rub issue, it is something that we are definitely aware of but have not seemed to have seen as much of it lately.
Seems like the C60 is notably lighter than the old 104 as well.
Eagerly awaiting the 625# C60.

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
103 Posts
Anybody else notice a lot of chain slap? I don’t recall this with my 2019 S3. I have Gx eagle with 30t. I looked up STFU and on their website it states you must have a min of 8mm of space between the chain and the chainstay when you are on the smallest cog, for their product to work . My chain is basically touching the chainstay when in the number 10 cog. Has anyone tried STFU or had another solution . Cheers

·
Registered
35 Posts
Anybody else notice a lot of chain slap? I don’t recall this with my 2019 S3. I have Gx eagle with 30t. I looked up STFU and on their website it states you must have a min of 8mm of space between the chain and the chainstay when you are on the smallest cog, for their product to work . My chain is basically touching the chainstay when in the number 10 cog. Has anyone tried STFU or had another solution . Cheers
Starting at post #2,163 there was some discussion about this.

2321 - 2340 of 2563 Posts