Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

2021 - 2040 of 2339 Posts

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
You got a shipping notice already? When I ordered mine there was a message saying the warehouse was facing like a two week lead time or something like that. I’m jealous!
yep, I ordered them a couple hours apart but got notices on different days. I think they’re coming from salt lake and I’m in Denver so I’m sure that helps. I also paid the $10 for FedEx 3 day hoping it would bump me to the front :)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Does anyone know what paint colour code/ral code the minty green rear end is of the expert model? I’m after getting some fork decals matched but some that have turned up aren’t remotely the same would be easier if I knew what the code was as ammunition for them to get it correct

Cheers

·
Registered
181 Posts
Does anyone know what paint colour code/ral code the minty green rear end is of the expert model? I’m after getting some fork decals matched but some that have turned up aren’t remotely the same would be easier if I knew what the code was as ammunition for them to get it correct

Cheers
In the past i have had good luck requesting the pantone color code from the bike manufacturer. May take a bit for a response but it'll be exactly what you're looking for. Good luck!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Have any of you had to resize the Stumpy EVO chain upon switching the flip chip? I had the bike in low from new, flipped from low to high and the chain is now laying directly on the chainstay when in the highest (10 tooth) gear of the cassette. At 30% sag it’s a little more taught but still making contact. Not sure if it is a chain size issue or a design issue of the bike - the chainstay is much higher relative to the BB than other bikes I’ve had.

·
Registered
300 Posts
In the past i have had good luck requesting the pantone color code from the bike manufacturer. May take a bit for a response but it'll be exactly what you're looking for. Good luck!
Thanks man I’ll try contacting the rider care centre it seems a common colour they use on road bikes too but can’t seem to find anything on Google

·
Registered
91 Posts
It's on the top right-hand side of the downtube maybe three of four inches down from the headset. Really bizarre location that would not generally see any impact from a crash or anything. My thought is did I lean it on something trailside that would have put undue pressure on that location? I don't think so, I've been pretty cautious about setting it down because the matte black paint on the Comp scratches easily. Never used with a tailgate pad, and the only bike carrier I've used is a Kuat tray rack. One of my previous bikes was a carbon Hightower that I crashed hard many times and even fell off a roof rack at 25 mph with no frame damage. I love how this bike rides, but it does seem kinda fragile.

Not at home at the moment, but will try to get some additional pics later.

I'm curious if you use a tailgate pad to transport your bike? Sounds like it could be in the area it would contact the downtube.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Stopped by a fairly big Specialized dealer today while I was out and asked if they had any Stumpy Evo Experts coming in. Guy looked through their system and said it showed them getting a 2022 Evo Expert next month and the color shows as Cast Battleship. Said he wasn't able to see the other color option, any specs, or photos (just that it's a 2022 S4 Stumpy Evo in Cast Battleship). Looks to be a color Spesh has used in the past (dark blue color).

Anyone else heard anything more from their shops? Had my deposit on a Evo Expert since October so I'm assuming my order will be a 2022 at this point.
This is a Levo HT in cast battleship.

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts
It's on the top right-hand side of the downtube maybe three of four inches down from the headset. Really bizarre location that would not generally see any impact from a crash or anything. My thought is did I lean it on something trailside that would have put undue pressure on that location? I don't think so, I've been pretty cautious about setting it down because the matte black paint on the Comp scratches easily. Never used with a tailgate pad, and the only bike carrier I've used is a Kuat tray rack. One of my previous bikes was a carbon Hightower that I crashed hard many times and even fell off a roof rack at 25 mph with no frame damage. I love how this bike rides, but it does seem kinda fragile.

Not at home at the moment, but will try to get some additional pics later.
Well, there goes that theory. Let us know if it gets warranty replacement.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Expert build now comes with an actual X01 cassette and OneUp droppers (S5/S6 get 210mm).

Nice change in spec IMO. I sold my GX cassette in favor of the X01 and also put in my Oneup 210 dropper. $1000 increase in price but at least one is getting better stuff.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Have any of you had to resize the Stumpy EVO chain upon switching the flip chip? I had the bike in low from new, flipped from low to high and the chain is now laying directly on the chainstay when in the highest (10 tooth) gear of the cassette. At 30% sag it’s a little more taught but still making contact. Not sure if it is a chain size issue or a design issue of the bike - the chainstay is much higher relative to the BB than other bikes I’ve had.
adjust your B screw

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,034 ·
Original pricing was $4600 on the Expert! Then $4900, then $5000 now $6000, just crazy inflation based on high demand and low supply.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Original pricing was $4600 on the Expert! Then $4900, then $5000 now $6000, just crazy inflation based on high demand and low supply.

Evo Comp Price in Canada:
Launch $5499
Jan 2021 Bump $5819
2022 model $5999

Expert:
Launch $7299
Jan 2021 Bump $7799
2022 model $7999

·
Registered
285 Posts
Yep, my 2020 enduro frame was $2500 and now it's $2900. I was able to sell it used for the same price and only lose tax. Canfield Lithium with an EXT for $2600 looking pretty good at close to the same frame weight as the enduro.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Has anyone else had to replace the bolt that secures the brake hose clip on the seat stay? Wondering if you happen to know the size? LBS isn’t sure and it’s a 45 min drive across town to have them rummage through the bolt bin to find a replacement. Just thought I’d try here first. Thanks!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Need some advice. 195lbs geared. Story goes: Was running through the travel on this thing quite a bit on aggressive XC trails but just blew right through it on any downhill chunk. Was running 30% sag at 260 psi. Wanted to try another shock (TTX or Super deluxe air) but couldn't find one. Went with the Cascade link and am running at 280psi standard spacer DPX2 no low speed compression(exactly 15mm at the shock) . Now bike for me uses its travel pretty appropriately. Only one bottom out in several rides on a massive compression. So happy there. Only issue is that mashing pedals out of the saddle the bike now bobs like crazy. I don't remember it doing that with standard link. Bobs pretty aggressively even with low speed compression fully closed. I don't race so I suppose I can live with it. Still bothering me though. But options seem limited. Could run higher pressure and not worry about small bump compliance, could try a different shock w/ the standard link , could try a different shock with this link. Anyone on the cascade that is running an air shock who figured this one out?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Evo Comp Price in Canada:
Launch $5499
Jan 2021 Bump $5819
2022 model $5999
I got the launch $5,500, but then the bike shop made a mistake and ordered the clay, which just doesn't work for me. For $500 extra you get Code RS vs. SLX brakes, Float X vs. DPX 2, and GX vs. SLX (personal really, but GX is quite a bit lighter). Not bad actually, and the blue is a bangin' color.

Whoever bought the Canadian 2020 Expert will be kicking themselves. That's a lot of free upgrades lol.

2021 - 2040 of 2339 Posts