Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Which Picture Should I Enter...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok...

im entering an art exhibition/competition thingie seems as id like to test out how good other ppl think (professionals) my latest work is...i can win up to $600 and i though that would help me either buy a camera or go nicly towards my next season bike (iron horse DW)...but im stuck on the decision of which to enter...ive got down to these last 2...the first is of AL during the day that i took on saturday and the second is of EV during sunset that i took last wednessday...which do you guys like...

i need to decide by tomorrow night coz i have to have it printed etc...

thanks guys...

(photos much smaller this time coz i didnt like sitting here for an hour uploading stuff and you couldnt have liked sitting there for ages waiting for em...originals are 1600x1200 and crystal clear)

also lemmie know if they need to be darker...lighter...bluer etc. coz i can photshop em a bit...

Attachments

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
BJ- said:
ok...

im entering an art exhibition/competition thingie seems as id like to test out how good other ppl think (professionals) my latest work is...i can win up to $600 and i though that would help me either buy a camera or go nicly towards my next season bike (iron horse DW)...but im stuck on the decision of which to enter...ive got down to these last 2...the first is of AL during the day that i took on saturday and the second is of EV during sunset that i took last wednessday...which do you guys like...

thanks guys...

(photos much smaller this time coz i didnt like sitting here for an hour uploading stuff and you couldnt have liked sitting there for ages waiting for em...originals are 1600x1200 and crystal clear)

also lemmie know if they need to be darker...lighter...bluer etc. coz i can photshop em a bit...
i say the second one you posted. but maybe crop it so that the lip or whatever that is isnt in the shot, then it would be money. good luck with teh photo contest!

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
konabiker said:
i say the second one you posted. but maybe crop it so that the lip or whatever that is isnt in the shot, then it would be money. good luck with teh photo contest!
thanks buddy...

i was actually told to keep it there coz it adds more elments to the shot...and your not supposed to have just 2 things in a phot but a couple...and plus the lip also shows the ppl that i dint cut it and paste it on the backdrop he actually was jumping and i was taking pics...but thanks for the feedback...

how about some more guys...

·
Perpetrator of Lawsuits
393 Posts
Sh!t BJ, they're both excellent. If I had to choose one, maybe the second because I really like the shape / pattern of the clouds. Remember that this is based on what I like--I'm sure others would tell you the opposite. I don't think you could lose with either though.

Who knew there'd be so much photographic talent on a bike forum? Between you and Thoughtfull Pirate I feel like I'm reading a @#$%ing issue of National Geographic.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BigDigger said:
Sh!t BJ, they're both excellent. If I had to choose one, maybe the second because I really like the shape / pattern of the clouds. Remember that this is based on what I like--I'm sure others would tell you the opposite. I don't think you could lose with either though.

Who knew there'd be so much photographic talent on a bike forum? Between you and Thoughtfull Pirate I feel like I'm reading a @#$%ing issue of National Geographic.
heahehehhehehehehehheheheheheh...:D

thanks alot man...

alot of ppl are saying they like the sunset one but i just dunno...theres just summin about the one during the day and the bright blue that just doesnt want me to chose the other...

(i must admit tho...having what 4 ppl vote on the poll out of the 2 hours its been up is kinda depressing)

·
Registered
80 Posts
well i think that they are both really freakin good, but since i have to choose one, as they are now i would choose the day one, but if you cropped the sunset one so it didnt include such a huge black space at the bottom (where the forest is) i might have to reconsider. i like the sunset one because it looks like the rider is almost escaping from the clouds, and the daytime one is just plain awesome

nice shots all around though :)

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
antonovc said:
well i think that they are both really freakin good, but since i have to choose one, as they are now i would choose the day one, but if you cropped the sunset one so it didnt include such a huge black space at the bottom (where the forest is) i might have to reconsider. i like the sunset one because it looks like the rider is almost escaping from the clouds, and the daytime one is just plain awesome

nice shots all around though
thanks alot...

i think im going to speak to my art teacher tomorrow and see what he thinks on cropping them etc. because alot of ppl think cropping them would be a good idea...and ill also get him to offer some advice on which one is better...

hopefully by tomorrow after skool ill have a better idea of which ppl like and what i should choose (after all its not up to me to decide which is better but other ppl and i wanna win da cash)...

·
SamIAm
2,038 Posts
day shot

its great. the only thing i would say that you would be able to see in the full thing and cant in the little one is that, is it really a sillouet*? because for a pic like that you dont want to see any detail on the rider. just and outline. if its not you should be able to photoshop it quick.

but they great pics

·
Clever Slogan
543 Posts
take a #2

BJ- said:
ok...

thanks guys...

the 2nd one is cooler. but they're both cool. but the 2nd one is still cooler.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
EV- said:
yeh come on whos in front.... i am!!
ahahahhaaha...

komodo ill post or PM you it in a higher resolution with the brand new just made (h)UCKIN.cRew logo on it...and for anyone else who wants one to...

(later tho me have recess)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.