Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
underachiever
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
okay, so I have somewhat of a minor dilemma. recently, I purchased two sets of minty fresh NOS cranksets. one is a Cook Bros. Racing RSR (from a nice gentleman in the UK) and the other is a 10th Anniversary Syncros Near Net Forged (from an equally cool guy in Portugal). they are both compact cranks. they are both absolutely stunning. very pretty indeed. they are going on this. it's my "modern approach on a vintage theme."

anyway, keeping in the recent influx of the "what the h-e-double-hockey-sticks should I do" genre, I thought I'd jump in on the action.

also, anyone know what bottom bracket size for the Syncros? the RSR is 122.5, I believe.

p.s. just a heads up, if you ever order anything from Portugal, and want it in a reasonable time frame, don't go with CTT Correios. it took almost a month to get here (Massachusetts). spend the extra $$$$ and go with DHL or FedEx or UPS.

View attachment 422375

·
bonked
2,129 Posts
The syncros would be too new for a tenth anniversary fat wouldn't they? I mean yeah, I see the whole tenth anniversary tie in, and the slim elegance of the design. anyway...

Not only do the CBRs have that black ano tie in, but they have that chunky CNC connection to what you are doing as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.