Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Dr. Pepper drinker
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to decide between getting a set of Panaracer Fire FR 2.4's for $40 or WTB Weirwolf 2.5 front and Motoraptor 2.4 rear for $45ish. Hopefully they'll be a do everything dry conditions tire on a 575 for UT, CO and AZ riding. Any thoughts on what would be best or other options out there around the same price? Thanks!

·
Registered
96 Posts
No expert here.

But for the price the 2.4 firepro makes a good lite FR tire, I am loving the extra cush and traction. It is larger than the Weirwolf and more aggresive/ heavier also.
Neither is immune to the thorns that cover AZ though.

·
Beyond the stars
745 Posts
For what it's worth . . .

I would not use the Panaracer 2.4 in the rear for several reasons . . .

1) this is not a "fast rolling tire" it's a big "monster knobie" energy sucking beast.

2) as others have said this tire is not lite, maybe lite by DH tire standards, but not lite

3) depending on bike design and configuration you could have clearance issues with the side knobs and your front derealiaeur(sp) when in the small ring

I'm in Phoenix, AZ and I'm running a Kenda Nevagal 2.5 front and a 2.35 rear I like it very much (although the stick-E makes em kinda soft and wearing out sooner than my Panaracer's)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.