Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
I HUCK WITH CHUCK
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got myself a new dirt jumpin rig. The cortina was a killer bike but i'm really happy with the two days riding I've spent on the new Yeti so far. Did some trailriding with some nice DH the day I built it up, then i've been shreddin dirt jumps like mad too. Felt a little different riding DJs on DH tires after trailriding, but its not a huge difference. Don't tell me to get it dirty either, because I took the picture AFTER I rode it.

Fox 36 TALAS set at 4 in
mavic 721/Hadley and 521/Hope front
Juicy 5 brakes
FSA bar
SIC stem
Thomson Post
e13 STS guide
etc....

No action shots yet, too busy riding.

·
I HUCK WITH CHUCK
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
loco-****** said:
Nice ride, TP.

Tell me more about the front tire.
WTB Timberwolf 2.4 I think. Its slooooooow, but its all I had other than Larsen TTs, and sandy, rocky, wet trails on overinflated semi slicks are death. The bike shredded trails setup as it is in the picture, but I'm gonna put fast, light tires back on it to ride jumps.

·
In exile
542 Posts
ThoughtfulPirate said:
WTB Timberwolf 2.4 I think. Its slooooooow, but its all I had other than Larsen TTs, and sandy, rocky, wet trails on overinflated semi slicks are death. The bike shredded trails setup as it is in the picture, but I'm gonna put fast, light tires back on it to ride jumps.
Thanks. I'll not be adding that to the sled then. I am in search of a big faster rolling, not so heavy tire that hooks up. I want it all, but it just ain't happening. Running Tioga DHs on the trail bike is killing me.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
really sweet rig man!! how does that fox 36 ride in the 4" position? i've always thought they felt like nice forks, but i rarely see them used for jumping.

·
I HUCK WITH CHUCK
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ibanezrg520kid said:
really sweet rig man!! how does that fox 36 ride in the 4" position? i've always thought they felt like nice forks, but i rarely see them used for jumping.
Its too expensive to be reasonable as a dirt jump fork. The only reason I could manage to get it on there is that I bought a 66rc2x to replace the 36 on my Fly. It rides awesome and I can crank the travel up a bit for trails and other stuff. Definitely the best dirt jumping fork I've ridden.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.