Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· old man riding!
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me where to get some new decals for my Monocog 29? I'm getting ready to powder coat the frame and fork and I thought I would see if I could find some to put on after the powder goes on! Thanks for any help..:thumbsup:

· Registered
181 Posts
I don't know about the decals, but here's mine in Baby Blue for 08. I actually like it without the decals. Looks really clean.

UPDATE: Also, notice I de-bossed mine

Attachments

· 29er Geek
1,529 Posts
anthony_coley said:
I don't know about the decals, but here's mine in Baby Blue for 08. I actually like it without the decals. Looks really clean.

UPDATE: Also, notice I de-bossed mine
I can see getting rid of the Canti/V bosses for a cleaner look, but why the brake hose/cable routing along the bottom of the TT? IMHO a few brazed guides looks muchos better than zip ties....

Nice build though!

· You know, for kids
1,570 Posts
for Redline decals, check at your LBS. If they order from Seattle Bike Supply, chances are they can get you some Redline frame decals. They'll likely be BMX type decals but at least you'll have some Redline decals if that's what you're after. They can also get retro Redline decals as well.

Personally, I think some Redline BMX decals would look great...

Here are some available. I am on Seattle's site now looking around...

If you can't find a LBS to hook you up, shoot me a PM. Be expecting a special order sheet of Redline decals to set you back $20 or so.

· Registered
181 Posts
The stock cable bosses are for cable brakes and wouldn't work with hydro brakes. I could have use adaptors for the stock bosses, but I decided to grind them off and use the stick-on problem solvers, which I haven't gotten yet. So, the zip ties are temporary...

Thanks!
AC

tozovr said:
I can see getting rid of the Canti/V bosses for a cleaner look, but why the brake hose/cable routing along the bottom of the TT? IMHO a few brazed guides looks muchos better than zip ties....

Nice build though!

· 29er Geek
1,529 Posts
anthony_coley said:
The stock cable bosses are for cable brakes and wouldn't work with hydro brakes. I could have use adaptors for the stock bosses, but I decided to grind them off and use the stick-on problem solvers, which I haven't gotten yet. So, the zip ties are temporary...

Thanks!
AC
Gotcha!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.