Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Your Customer Sales Rep
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So you thought BC was all about the Downhill/Freeride scene? Well, you would be wrong. Unspoiled, epic singletrack abounds. Here is one man's story.

Stokey and I rode 70 miles and a little under 7,000 ft in elevation in an old-school "Cars-are-Coffins" XC ride - Deep Cove to the Sunshine Coast and back again. This is our story.

Here is the profile, and some of the trails we rode:

·
Your Customer Sales Rep
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We get to our destination, the Sprokid's Bike Park, an XC Nirvana. The goal is to climb 2,500 feet up into Robert's Creek, which is gradually becoming DH/Freeride side of the Mountian (Mt Elphinstone).

Here is the trailmap on a board. Black is roads, blue is rivers. Everything else is singletrack. The horizontal mark is 500 meters (1/3 mile). There is, I guestimate, 40 miles of singletrack on the board. The elevation change from the bottom of the board to the top is probably in excess of 3,000 ft. Robert's Creek, which is off the left-hand side of the map probably boasts another 15-20 miles of Downhill terrain.

These guys are the local Gods of singltrack building.

·
Your Customer Sales Rep
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The excellent trail definition and sinage makes navigating the maze of trails a no-brainer. Here are the "highway signs" (Hwy 102):

·
Yummy
1,262 Posts
Duncan! said:
So you thought BC was all about the Downhill/Freeride scene? Well, you would be wrong. Unspoiled, epic singletrack abounds. Here is one man's story.

Stokey and I rode 70 miles and a little under 7,000 ft in elevation in an old-school "Cars-are-Coffins" XC ride - Deep Cove to the Sunshine Coast and back again. This is our story.
Bah. Wuss.

When you said you RODE from DC to SC, I thought you meant you went up Howe Sound via Squamish, then logging roads to Gibsons. Then I read further and find out you took the fairy, you girlie-man.

Gimme my shorts back, ya lazy bum.

Kn.

·
Yummy
1,262 Posts
Oh yah. What rides are youse doing this week?

Kn.

·
Your Customer Sales Rep
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
K'Endo said:
Oh yah. What rides are youse doing this week?

Kn.
Probably no more big rides until Labour Day. Will keep you posted. Hey! It took me about 10 minutes to figure out how to reply to my own post. The long Pano shot screws up the location of everything. Talk about omnipotent ... a post that you cannot reply to. The last "Werd". D.

·
Yummy
1,262 Posts
I could be convinced, although I'd probably cheat and use my 'medium' bike to keep up with you masochists.

Kn.

·
Your Customer Sales Rep
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
ShaunTheSheep said:
Yup - still there. I had fish'n'chips from the place next door to it on Saturday.

N.
Yup Troll's and The Troller are still there. Been to The Troller, but never been to Trolls. You are either a The Troller (2 doors away) or Trolls person. I think its a genetic thing. D .

·
It's about showing up.
12,738 Posts
In laws lived in Lion's Bay

Father in law was buying at Trolls. I shut up and ate and drank. Tasty. They live over in Victoria now. Swan's is the place now.
Some things you are just born into or don't know any better.

·
Registered
7 Posts
K'Endo said:
I could be convinced, although I'd probably cheat and use my 'medium' bike to keep up with you masochists.

Kn.
Hey Ken, just a heads up...an Eagle epic is in the works, probably sometime around September 18.

Plan is to climb up, do Fat Bastard, climb back up, do 4 Lost Souls, follow through down Dentist, then climb back up to Massage Therapy and run all the way down to Anmore. Should be in the 5-6 hour range at the speed of willi. Interested?

·
Yummy
1,262 Posts
hurricane said:
Hey Ken, just a heads up...an Eagle epic is in the works, probably sometime around September 18.

Plan is to climb up, do Fat Bastard, climb back up, do 4 Lost Souls, follow through down Dentist, then climb back up to Massage Therapy and run all the way down to Anmore. Should be in the 5-6 hour range at the speed of willi. Interested?
P'raps ... not sure what I'm up to then ...

Kn.

·
Tear it all out!
7,739 Posts
K'Endo said:
When you said you RODE from DC to SC, I thought you meant you went up Howe Sound via Squamish, then logging roads to Gibsons. Then I read further and find out you took the fairy, you girlie-man.
No way to do it. I've looked, including buying a lot of maps. Basically there is a huge glacier & ice field in the way.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.