Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dear Specialized,

I am waiting patiently for my black S-works Epic 29er frame that I ordered in December when it hit the website. I understand supply chain, resources, etc. I am a happy Specialized owner of a Tarmac and my wife's Ruby and Hard Rock. I've already purchased the S-works cranks with XX rings and my wheelset, ready to go. All I would like is to know whats going on and when. Should I sell my parts and look elsewhere? As long as I know its coming and is just a matter of when I will sit patiently. BUT I would like to know the facts.

Mudpimp

·
Don't Stop Spinnin'!
659 Posts
talked to the South Eastern rep today... he told me.... "good luck if you are waiting for the all black" maybe April if we get lucky.

good thing I also ordered a floyellow... whichever comes first. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
From my experience top of the line bikes/frames requires a lot more time than high/mid/lower end range.
My Lapierre X control 910 2010 : ordered nov.18,2009,delivered the first week of march 2010. Hang in there,I'm sure it will be worth the wait !!

·
The Other Dude
3,080 Posts
good luck getting the black. if you really want the frame, i would just ask them to ship the first color that becomes available, those frames are hard to get. but who knows you, could get lucky, my guess is that if you didnt order it from a concept store you are probably going to be out of luck on that color, but I may be wrong.

·
Registered
32 Posts
What's the big deal really? I mean I get it I'm waiting on a road bike that has been pushed back several times but really? Everyday someone else is whining about this. There's a delay somewhere in the line and they're obviously trying to fix it. Believe me they want to sell you a bicycle especially in this economy. So have some patience already.

·
Registered
540 Posts
sixteenstone96 said:
What's the big deal really? I mean I get it I'm waiting on a road bike that has been pushed back several times but really? Everyday someone else is whining about this. There's a delay somewhere in the line and they're obviously trying to fix it. Believe me they want to sell you a bicycle especially in this economy. So have some patience already.
It seems like each year bike prices are going up, companies are scaling back or even folding. They cite the economy and/or poor sales.

but the bikes that they should have available, aren't! We keep getting a bunch of soft launches. How can a company expect to have a happy following when you can't even get their current year lineup until halfway through the year? How can they make money when they can't even deliver their product?

*this isn't just aimed at Specialized, BTW.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I talked to my bike shop about the black frame last week and they spoke to their rep and he said looks like the first of next month for the all black. He also said they are not a limited production so I would sit tight and you will get your bike.

·
Registered
14 Posts
S-Works Epic 29er on order since November

Just spoke with my LBS on Friday about my Epic S-Works 29er bike and they said early to mid March. I've been waiting since November. Not to mention that the price jumped $700 dollars since I ordered it. I would assume that has something to do with the late release of the bikes, the new price adjustments take affect today 2/14/11 - Happy Valentine's Day. I ordered my bike for $7,200 & I believe its going up to $7,500. My Tarmac SL3 S-Works frame took 6 months to arrive. Just waiting to spend my money.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I officially will not take delivery of my frame (if it ever even shows up). I ordered back in late Summer and how flipping hard is it for Specialized to tell us the truth? If they don't know, scares the hell out of me to buy another $5k frame from them! No other industry and can run continually with this lax of an actual production schedule and survive. If it is something else, why the silence. I am done waiting and will race my SF100 another season and hope that the Scapel 29 has better luck of actually getting produced than this Epic 29er.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.