Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
183 BRO's before hoes.
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please try not to speed through the residential areas of Idaho Springs, CO. It would also be great if you would refrain from running the stop signs as well. It is one thing to slow right down and roll through, but slowing from 30 to 25 just doesn't cut it.

I think you know who you are, driving what just may have been this car, with what looked like a Yakima rack with two (I think) bike attachments driving down Miner street then blowing the stop sign making a right onto Colorado blvd. at about 8:15 on Monday, June 16, 2008.

I know because I was standing about 5 feet from you while walking my dog.

Thank You.:thumbsup:

Edited to say:

Driving that car, you are a representative of IMBA and mountain biking as a whole. It would be a huge shame if some city employee saw a representative of the community driving in such a manner and decided that having official mountain bike trails in the area would be a bad idea. Who wants to attract the type of person who disobeys laws to their town?

·
Registered
685 Posts
You think 30 is speeding in a residential area? Come down to quincy IL, land of driving 50mph in the middle of the road. Stop signs? What are those? On a more serious note, there was a little kid who was hit last week by one of these D-bags. He got a slap on the wrist and the kid was told to stay on the sidewalk.

·
183 BRO's before hoes.
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mondaycurse said:
You think 30 is speeding in a residential area? Come down to quincy IL, land of driving 50mph in the middle of the road. Stop signs? What are those? On a more serious note, there was a little kid who was hit last week by one of these D-bags. He got a slap on the wrist and the kid was told to stay on the sidewalk.
You must live in one horrible area. I truly pity you, not for where you live, but for posting on a forum saying how much worse where you live is. I bet you would be the first to say "There was a shooting there last night? That's nothing! We had SIX shootings last night!!". The speed limit here is 20 unless posted otherwise and most of the 2000 residents are able to respect that.

My deepest sympathies.

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts

·
trail waggler
1,425 Posts
Duh!...

Dude, they're from Boulder. Their brake pedal has been removed, and turn signals disabled.(Plus, they were probably sending out an email, IMBA related busy-ness of course, on their Wi-Fi enabled smartphone, whilst driving to the trailhead.):rolleyes:

·
Bearlike
164 Posts
Middle of the Road?

mondaycurse said:
From what I remember They used to drive on the sidewalks too. :D

hmmmmm, things must have changed since I grew up there.

We used to go to South Park and launch ourselves down the sledding hill, then into the creek at the bottom. Or when I'd take the road bike out, and get full beer cans or buckets of gravel thrown at me. Oh, and don't forget running over a week-dead possum that is bloated from July heat and humidity. POP! goes the possum.

Good Times Good Times

-Brian

·
183 BRO's before hoes.
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lidarman said:
But...but.....Maybe they were saving gas by hypermiling. Thus making the IMBA peeps extreme and rad fuel savers. Are you envious now?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypermiling
I like to think I do my part, walk to work, liquor store, grocery store and just about everywhere else I can, but it is really just to compensate for driving to ski at Loveland 4 days a week in the winter.:D

·
contains quinine
4,639 Posts
When I worked in Boulder proper I always thought it funny to the IMBA Subaru's drivng to lunch on a beautiful summer day.

·
enlightened.
1,494 Posts
ChromedToast said:
Please try not to speed through the residential areas of Idaho Springs, CO. It would also be great if you would refrain from running the stop signs as well. It is one thing to slow right down and roll through, but slowing from 30 to 25 just doesn't cut it.

I think you know who you are, driving what just may have been this car, with what looked like a Yakima rack with two (I think) bike attachments driving down Miner street then blowing the stop sign making a right onto Colorado blvd. at about 8:15 on Monday, June 16, 2008.

I know because I was standing about 5 feet from you while walking my dog.

Thank You.:thumbsup:

Edited to say:

Driving that car, you are a representative of IMBA and mountain biking as a whole. It would be a huge shame if some city employee saw a representative of the community driving in such a manner and decided that having official mountain bike trails in the area would be a bad idea. Who wants to attract the type of person who disobeys laws to their town?
(1)If you think you know who this person is you could have been far more discrete in following the channels that be to alert this person so to not (2) bring this to the attention to the city employees whom you think wouldn't like this sort of behavior.

Just sayin'; you should have at least kept this in a regional forum not out here. Especially since you know what you know. You know? :thumbsup:

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
athalliah said:
(1)If you think you know who this person is you could have been far more discrete in following the channels that be to alert this person so to not (2) bring this to the attention to the city employees whom you think wouldn't like this sort of behavior.

Just sayin'; you should have at least kept this in a regional forum not out here. Especially since you know what you know. You know? :thumbsup:
Perhaps.

But regional in IMBA world means "international"

He needed to post this in lots of languages to really count.

·
Non Dual Bliss
6,240 Posts
Idaho Springs? Are you sure he wasn't coming from, or going to, a meth lab? Trails probably had nothing to do with it.

I jest...maybe...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Everybody remember to get on to the driver and not IMBA. I say that assuming IMBA will be correcting the problem now that they are being contacted. I'm sure the leadership won't be happy that one of their representatives is driving around in a vehicle with IMBA logos all over it is acting irresponsibly. (I doubt Subaru will be thrilled with the situation either since they are a sponsor.)

Remember we need an organization to support our cause and IMBA does great work.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Whenever I'm in USA I;m laughing at stickers on back of trucks "How am I driving. Call 1-800...". Now I know, you guys actually do call. :rolleyes:
For god sake, yeah he didn't stopped completely on stop sign. He was even 5mph too fast. Lets go track him down, and make him suffer for this violent crime.:eek:ut:

·
Registered
635 Posts
Oh, no. 30 mph?!?!

give me a break. sure they should be better at obeying laws while representing a larger organization, but it's not like they were drag racing. i bet most teens in the area drive faster.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.