Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
climb
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Exi,

When I first saw you, I was infatuated. You were so different from the kind I'm use to. You're family history was so compelling and you were the new big-kid on the block. I lusted after you until I had a chance to really meet you.

In the beginning you were so kind and soft, but as our relationship grew you seemed to let go of me at the most critical times. When things would get sketchy or a little stressful you would seem to let go, and I would be lying there hurt.

I just wanted to let you know that I've found someone else who seems to ignite my passion. This one seems to bring me back upright when I lose control--holds on a little tighter.

I had a good time, Exi, while it lasted, but it is time for me to move on.

So long Exi...

·
Misfit Psycles
2,772 Posts
Dear jl;
Nothing personal, tyres change. You should know, i have never felt so under appreciated in my life. Every ride started with self doubt and a horrible feeling of inadequacy.

I never wanted you to get hurt, I just hoped that maybe, just maybe, if you dumped once or twice, you would pull it together and treat me the way you used to. Everytime we hit a corner you'd push and you'd push...sometimes i just couldn't take it. There were some many rides i would simply lay on my sidewall HOPING for that final tear, its a horrible feeling.

I know Ignitor and you could be very happy together, remember the relationship is a two way trail - you have to do your part as well. You dont want to be that olde fart running around on bare rims because you have no one left...

ps. Like you i have found someone else...full rigid and low pressure, i never knew just how much fun it could be to have a little slapping added to the tickle. ye haw.

All the best jl,
Exi.

·
dirty hippy mountainbiker
1,146 Posts
Dear exi,

You're fat and ugly. If you looked more like Mythos, then maybe. You could fill a blouse better too, while we're on the topic. Mythos is skinny yet forgiving, just like me. I'll still hit you up once in a while when I feel like sweet and sour, cause the bigger the cushion the sweeter the pushun.

-M

·
Squalor
1,573 Posts
Hehe this is fun...

Dear JL -

You think you're the first to treat me like this? Well guess again buddy. Right now you've just got your eye on that hot little thing Ignitor with her thin casting and big knobs. But remember, Ignitor is a rock star. She likes life in the fast lane. That will be fun for a little while, but you will wear yourself out trying to keep up with her and pushing it farther and farther. You will crash...they always do, and then, when you are at your lowest, beaten and broken by Ignitors addiction to speed, you'll be back. You'll be looking for another smooth easy ride to get your confidence back in the saddle. You'll be looking for the protection only my "fat" castings can provide.

Oh, you'll come back...they always do.

-Exi

·
uh, uh...oh, i forget
1,039 Posts
ha ha, this is fun...

Dear JL, I know that deep in your heart there will always be a place for me and I will always long for you to lay the power on me and ride me rough! I will be over here in the garage eagerly awaiting your return cause I just can't quit you jl...

Yours always,
Exi

ps. we'll always have Dakota Ridge...

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Padre said:
Have fun braking like you are on a pile of marbles!
indeed.....Ignitors over rated in my book (sidewalls made of paper)...not to mention, a relatively girly rocky section tore the sidewall on one of its first rides....not that Nanos are much to write home about though but they have been robust for me so far.

·
Registered
11,763 Posts
Dear JL

You think you can destroy me but you can't
You can only do so much to hurt me
I may be slow, but I'm not stupid =)
No more brooding 'bout you & me
you... are just like the rest of 'em
U r just a thing in the past
I don't want your sorry ass
and I'm definitely not kissing it!

Thank you craigslist..

·
Reviewer/Tester
6,176 Posts
Two-Timer..

jl said:
Dear Exi,

When I first saw you, I was infatuated. You were so different from the kind I'm use to. You're family history was so compelling and you were the new big-kid on the block. I lusted after you until I had a chance to really meet you.

In the beginning you were so kind and soft, but as our relationship grew you seemed to let go of me at the most critical times. When things would get sketchy or a little stressful you would seem to let go, and I would be lying there hurt.

I just wanted to let you know that I've found someone else who seems to ignite my passion. This one seems to bring me back upright when I lose control--holds on a little tighter.

I had a good time, Exi, while it lasted, but it is time for me to move on.

So long Exi...
I thought that we were a match made in heaven, but when you kept on abusing me, my feelings began to change.

The beatings and abuse I could have maybe learned to live with, but when you continued to fill me full of your slimy white fluid, that was it for me.

I can't take it any more. I'm glad your leaving me. Go with that skinny knobby thing, she will dump you too, in time, except you'll find that unlike me, she won't let you abuse her because she's so weak. She will just break up and leave you stranded. I hear that she throws stones too...serves you right !

Good riddance.

Ex-Exi.

·
Compulsive Bike Builder
1,512 Posts
Hey there big boy

While you are playing the field, come check out the newest tread on the block, I'll give you something to Crow about. I'm barely wearing anything to start with, and I like it better when I don't have to wear that much, like those nasty tubes. I barely weigh a pound soaking wet, and if you are looking for big knobs, well, I can make up for that. I don't like a high pressure relationship, and I am fast in the right situations. Just don't drop me, baby, I or you will regret it.

·
Pudgy Old Guy
536 Posts
Dear Crow...

WTF happened? They are like real ones, only smaller. Is this shrinkage? Did they fall off or were they never there? Thin is in but I still want to see a little meat in the right spots. Is this why you get a little "slickery" in the loose stuff? You would be perfect if you just had bigger...

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
could it be?

exi (and all wtb offerings for that matter) = west coast

and

ignitor = east coast

i feel the same way! the ignitor is all the tire that the wtb offerings never were here on my trails.

i love the ignitor! it is quickly replacing even the klaw as my favorite niner tire BUT I SURE WISH I HAD A BIGGER ONE FOR THE FRONT....

·
Non Dual Bliss
6,240 Posts
Dear JL,

My name is Maxxis Minion DHF. I'm 26 with a 2.5 profile and trust me, I'll never let you go. No matter how sketchy or rocky or loose it gets, I'll hold you tighter than a year of Kegels. Sure, I'm a little butch, OK, a lot butch, but I'm all muscle and don't have that big flabby J-Lo booty you're used to...OK, enough foreplay, this is the way it's going to be: I'm tougher than you are and in the end, I'm going to make you my biotch and you're gonna' like it.

·
45 gone, 15 to go
1,237 Posts
Dear Exi,

I have tried others looking for that perfect relationship. I had heard of you many times over the past couple of years, but frankly I thought that you were a little too hefty without the big knobs I usually like. Then came the day when I dropped my girl Reba. I was rigid and needed something soft to ride on. Despite your boring figure, you have been amazing. When you are on my front end combined with Ms. Klaw in the rear, who likes it muddy, rough and hard, I have been more than satisfied. In fact, the three of us often are faster than my friends who are riding on Mr. Fisher's Sugars/293's.

It took a few rides to figure out how plump you needed to be to satisfy me, but now that I do, you complete me....At least until possible another fat lady with bigger knobs rides by, hubba hubba.:arf:

-Law

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.