Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Team NFI
5,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could you for one year not make it an exercise to find out the citizen membership fees? Or any other costs? One should not have to start emailing and such to find out what they need to pay for this year. Or is this a continuation of the 2010 policies to drive people off.

I find it funny how OAT- Tri Ontario with way more members and less staff can get all the fees up. Hmm.. maybe I should send my money their way this season.

And yes I hate bureaucratic bullshite doping.

·
Evil Jr.
6,859 Posts
nspace said:
$45.

Already signed up and got my citizen permit number.
Keener! I'm waiting for the bike show. It's usually $5 off there! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
garage monster said:
Keener! I'm waiting for the bike show. It's usually $5 off there! :thumbsup:
True, but apparently not keen enough. I got J003. 2 people beat me. That said, I do have a reason: its required to ride at the Velodrome for rec sessions.

CaptSydor: No online registration as far as I know. I just filled mine out scanned and emailed it in. Chris @ OCA got back to me the next day with my info.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
nspace said:
True, but apparently not keen enough. I got J003. 2 people beat me. That said, I do have a reason: its required to ride at the Velodrome for rec sessions.

CaptSydor: No online registration as far as I know. I just filled mine out scanned and emailed it in. Chris @ OCA got back to me the next day with my info.
Scanning and emailing is fine.

Heaven forbid I have to seek out a stamp.

·
Evil Jr.
6,859 Posts
CptSydor said:
Heaven forbid I have to seek out a stamp.
Did you know that regular stamps don't even have denominations on them anymore! Wow! :eek:

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
garage monster said:
Did you know that regular stamps don't even have denominations on them anymore! Wow! :eek:
Actually yeah, I always have a pack sitting in my desk, because is so pesky to go find them all the time.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Enduramil said:
Sheesh I only made it 6 weeks into 2011 before I got agitated by a sport governing body.
To your credit, I did not find it on the OCA website, I still don't think it's posted. A friend who was also in contact with OCA emailed it to me.

Also to your credit, the fact that its required to ride at the velodrome in 2011, and its 6 weeks into 2011 and the form isn't posted yet, and the only alternative (in order to ride) is to pay an additional $30 for other insurance through the FCV, I could understand it being a bit frustrating. Thankfully OCA was able to turn my application around quickly and said they would mail me my physical permit as soon as they received affiliation from my club.

·
Evil Jr.
6,859 Posts
nspace said:
...as soon as they received affiliation from my club.
They just sent out the affiliation reminder so it shouldn't be long now.

·
Team NFI
5,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
nspace said:
To your credit, I did not find it on the OCA website, I still don't think it's posted. A friend who was also in contact with OCA emailed it to me.

Also to your credit, the fact that its required to ride at the velodrome in 2011, and its 6 weeks into 2011 and the form isn't posted yet, and the only alternative (in order to ride) is to pay an additional $30 for other insurance through the FCV, I could understand it being a bit frustrating. Thankfully OCA was able to turn my application around quickly and said they would mail me my physical permit as soon as they received affiliation from my club.

So when are we starting the 2011 Commissaries Craig Fagan thread of love?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts