Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
velocipus said:
Only a five month wait for your frame!!!
Yep, Anytime anyone brings up Dean, you can bet someone will be quick to point out the delays. Donkey and a few others had big problems. I had a minor problem which was corrected, but I would deal with them again.

I am not sure that anything new is up, but I know that they will do the Duke and Ace in 29er variations. I am not sure about the Baja. I think you can get them in the Carbon wrapped tubes too. This maybe drops about 1/4 to 1/2 lbs off of the frame weight I think.

They are re-doing their stem.

They have a new modular dropout that is singlespeed and disc compatible.

They have a ti MTB fork that is not on the website that I have ordered.

·
Living Life Behind Bars..
380 Posts
OrBikbldr said:
Yep, Anytime anyone brings up Dean, you can bet someone will be quick to point out the delays. Donkey and a few others had big problems. I had a minor problem which was corrected, but I would deal with them again.

I am not sure that anything new is up, but I know that they will do the Duke and Ace in 29er variations. I am not sure about the Baja. I think you can get them in the Carbon wrapped tubes too. This maybe drops about 1/4 to 1/2 lbs off of the frame weight I think.

They are re-doing their stem.

They have a new modular dropout that is singlespeed and disc compatible.

They have a ti MTB fork that is not on the website that I have ordered.
Is the ti mtb fork rigid ? their new site says they have a ace xlite cti new for 2006 but it gives no info.

·
Registered
174 Posts
i believe the Ace Xlite cti and modular dropouts came out since 05. New things i've seen from their web seems to be a new road frame (Ayre), S&S coupling option, new logo options (and a price hike on their cycling wear..lol.). I think they have a a different-shaped head tube from now on..

also, their new front page shows some pretty sweet welding on their frames!

·
Living Life Behind Bars..
380 Posts
sparst said:
i believe the Ace Xlite cti and modular dropouts came out since 05. New things i've seen from their web seems to be a new road frame (Ayre), S&S coupling option, new logo options (and a price hike on their cycling wear..lol.). I think they have a a different-shaped head tube from now on..

also, their new front page shows some pretty sweet welding on their frames!
ahh, I thought it may have been a ti rear end for the ace :(

·
Something goes here...
2,066 Posts
20_bandh said:
Hi, anyone know if DEAN will be doing anytzhing new for 2006? They are always a bit slack when it comes to updating their website !
When I ordered my custom Ace, John told me they raised the BB from 12.5 to 12.75. I'm not sure if they've changed it on the web or not yet as I haven't looked recently.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts