Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I saw that somewhere had a Sale online on Fork traps for ~$9 a piece. I'm Making a 4 Place Rack for the top of my Pop-up Camper and I Don't feel like paying $25 a pop at the LBS for the Traps.

Also, Any Other Suggestions for the Top of the Camper? I Saw the Aluminum Track one, too much for me. I thought I would just take a 4x4 Piece of Wood, Put two hooks in the Ends And Strap it to the Top (with a tie-down going under) of the camper and mount the Traps on that, with a Tie down thru the Rear Wheels for stability.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
ADDam said:
I thought I saw that somewhere had a Sale online on Fork traps for ~$9 a piece. I'm Making a 4 Place Rack for the top of my Pop-up Camper and I Don't feel like paying $25 a pop at the LBS for the Traps.

Also, Any Other Suggestions for the Top of the Camper? I Saw the Aluminum Track one, too much for me. I thought I would just take a 4x4 Piece of Wood, Put two hooks in the Ends And Strap it to the Top (with a tie-down going under) of the camper and mount the Traps on that, with a Tie down thru the Rear Wheels for stability.
Never heard of "fork traps."

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't Know if I'm using the correct terminology, but this is what I'm looking for...

I guess they're called "Fork Mounts." Guy at the LBS calls them Traps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.