Registered
12,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for something to replace my Reba:
Tapered steerer
34-35 mm stanchions
120-130mm travel
100x15 or 110x15 axle

I am thinking a Fox 34 or Revelation take-off might be found for under $400 if I really dig deep. I don't know a lot about forks, so what else is comparable?

·
Registered
65 Posts
It takes a lot of patience and a stroke of luck to find what you're describing, particularly if you won't buy something labeled "used". Technically a take off qualifies as used.

I think you are most likely to find a Fox Rhythm, RS Yari, or Rev at that price. Consider adding Manitou Mattoc and X-Fusion Trace (particularly the Rough Cut) to your list.
Good luck

·
Registered
12,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A take-off or something used that I feel I can trust would be OK. The last used fork I bought ended up having a big old scratch inside the air side of the CSU. I just want to know that it's not damaged. Take-offs usually have not been ridden to hell and back in the mud.

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
I agree. Patience and you'll find what you seek. I recently bought a 120mm Fox 34 Performance lightly used off Pink Bike for $350 shipped. Got it and it looks almost new. Haven't installed it yet. Got it for my Jamis Dragonslayer single speed build but I might throw it on my Kona Big Unit single speed just to see how it rides.

I also got a 150mm Pike RC that was a take off last year for around $400 shipped. Another Pink Bike purchase. So the deals are out there.

·
Is dang happy!
1,384 Posts
Fork deals are pretty random these days. I was lucky enough to score a new Pike RTC this year for $170 because of an online pricing error, Trek unexpectedly honored the sale and sent me the fork anyways. (Thanks for the birthday present TREK and yes I am bragging about this deal because I have wanted a Pike for my 29er for eons but could not justify the high cost of them.

Last year you could get a new Fox 34 29er Rhythm for $220 from bikediscount de. but 29er deals are not as common as the 27.5 models.

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
Scored a '17 Pike RCT3 (150mm travel) @Cyclindealau for $700 nzd... think that's around $350 USD =)

I then got a 140mm shaft off eBay for $75 nzd, around $32.50 USD ;-)

$25 for labor to convert, you can do the math.

Sent from my Nokia X6

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.