Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A local dealer has a new 2003 Mt. Tam 2-9 on sale for $800. When I asked him why it is on sale for such a low price he said that at this point he just needs to unload it and take a small loss. Does that sound kosher or like just another sales line?

·
Riding a Rig.
1,156 Posts
Sounds kosher to me, but 800.00 doesn't seem like that great of a deal. At this point all of the gear on that bike is getting outdated and I wouldn't hesitate to go for an 08 Cobia instead.

·
rbtm member
888 Posts
jstein07 said:
A local dealer has a new 2003 Mt. Tam 2-9 on sale for $800. When I asked him why it is on sale for such a low price he said that at this point he just needs to unload it and take a small loss. Does that sound kosher or like just another sales line?
It's probably an ok deal I guess. 6 year old 29'er fork technology is nothing to get too excited about. I don't know the reputation of that particular one though. I'd personally factor in a modern fork into the price.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.