Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone can give me some quick advice...
I was out doing a normal trail ride today and the next thing I know, my back end is complete mush. Rear shock took a dump on me.

The shock is from a Specialized FSR bought in '04 and it's a Fox Float RLC.
The three-position lever (pro-pedal) has no effect now at all.
Shock is pretty much floppy , like it's just got a spring in there and that's it.

I know nothing about these... can they be rebuilt easily or once they go south are you forced to just replace?
Also, since they probably don't make them any more, anyone know a suitable replacement?

Thx for any help!!

·
www.derbyrims.com
6,766 Posts
Time for a rebuild to be as good as new. With frequent riding that should be done every year and a half to maintain like new performance. Basic rebuild cost would be under $100. Call Fox CS to ship to them direct, or your favorite bike shop can handle it.

And there are good shock and fork rebuilders who sponsor MTBR. Look at the top of this forum for the most current sponsor(s).

PUSH Industries is a long time sponsor and offers 2 or 3 levels of shock rebuilding, from a basic rebuild that improves seals compared to stock, up to full race quality custom tuned to the rider quality.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.