Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can it handle it?i dont go huge or anything,im not even sure if im getting the frame,but a local has one for cheap.i posted earlier in the DH about missing my hardtail...and this frame deal is good.i wont be hitting anything bigger then 7ft prbabaly...mostly just wooden obstacles and some fast downhilll singletrack

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
4,659 Posts
Freeride Cowan

I really doubt it. Cowans are pretty light frames (5.5 lbs or less) with no special reinforcement of the headtube. Even though mine has been bomber, I don't think it would last with a DC. Not to mention I think it is set up for a 120mm fork. I am running a PIKE on mine and it has been super-versatile, the 95mm setting makes the bike quick and at 140mm it really holds its own going down.

Browse back on DH and you will see that ECH has broken about 5 HT frames by running a DC fork...

JMH

dd13 said:
can it handle it?i dont go huge or anything,im not even sure if im getting the frame,but a local has one for cheap.i posted earlier in the DH about missing my hardtail...and this frame deal is good.i wont be hitting anything bigger then 7ft prbabaly...mostly just wooden obstacles and some fast downhilll singletrack

·
Still on Training Wheels!
1,107 Posts
Yup

The Cowan is a DJ frame, slapping a duel crown on there would spell disaster. If your looking to drops at all I would look a different frame, something like a Steelhead or an Evil Imperial.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts