Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that sounds crazy, but that is what i am looking for. I am looking for a double ringed crank that i can use. I like long rides and look at doing some endurance races. I like climbing and hopefully can make it out to New Mexico's Endurance series this year.

All i know of is FSA and Q Rotor that is available in the states.

I know the FSA is a 44X29 and to me that gear ratio would be to high and at that point i think it would be better to man up and run a 44x32 and the Q rotor is a 40x27 and that would seem like the more logical reason when paired with a 11-34 cassette.

If any body has any experience on the matter I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well that was my origional plan, but there are no compatible chain rings right now for my BCD of a 104/64. I run a truvaitv crank right now, and I could easily switch to a 44-32 but i don't really want that gear ratio. I would much more like to run one that would better suit my style of riding. And that is i like to ride with a high cadence.

·
Old man on a bike
12,397 Posts
You considered going with lower geared cassettes, too? Just seems awful expensive to go with such unique stuff like the Rotor cranks or FSA 2x9, they just won't be very versatile at all. Are you running a 29er or 26er? Have you plotted out what gear combos would work best, front and rear? Have you tried the endurance racing forum?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my fault sorry for the lack of info. I ride a Scott Spark. 26er. and I would like to aim at doing something like a 40x27 with an 11-32 or a 42x29 with a with a 11-34. Don't know exactly what yet. See i don't want to go with the rotor because of the price as well with the issues of stiffness. I heard that it is just not as stiff.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
chwesley said:
my fault sorry for the lack of info. I ride a Scott Spark. 26er. and I would like to aim at doing something like a 40x27 with an 11-32 or a 42x29 with a with a 11-34. Don't know exactly what yet. See i don't want to go with the rotor because of the price as well with the issues of stiffness. I heard that it is just not as stiff.
Just get a 110/74 BCD crank and run 40 middle and 26 or 28t inner rings.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.