Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Run around 20mm sag. I suggest putting it smack in the middle on settings and start adding from there. This bike does well with a lot of damping in the CCDBair for me. Make sure you keep your adjustments together. Typically when I get way off in performance it's because I don't keep my adjustments together. That is to say, if I have 2 turns of HSC I better be close to the same on the HSR.

·
AKA shitbird
2,342 Posts
Here is what I have for the DBA on my 66C and it's a beautiful ride.

All settings starting at 0 (backed out all the way CCW
20mm sag (30%)
HSC .5 turns
LSC 8 clicks
HSR 3.5 turns
LSR 13 clicks

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What kind of riding do you guys do? My trails are quite pedally and tight/technical single tracks with lots of rocks.
This is basically what we do on daily basis around here:
And I reckon most of you guys go for more speed and bigger feature trails ... which setup should I follow?

·
AKA shitbird
2,342 Posts
I'm in Phoenix Arizona where most of the trails tend to either be a mix of either technical singletrack with lots of small rock obstacles and loose rocky terrain or just big chunky rock stuff. Lot's of technical climbing / descending through rough crap is what it boils own to. On the other hand, when traveling a little ways out of town we have places like Sedona and Prescott with lots of slickrock and generally smoother trails but with obstacles requiring short bursts of energy to get over.

I messed with the settings quite a bit and the settings I posted above is my happy place that works well for most places I ride. I will say that the climb switch comes in handy pretty often. Looking at your video I would think that the settings I put up should get you close.

Hope this helps...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.