Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the DB Toponga Full Suspension MTB. I love to downhill and was wondering what your guys' opinions were on this bike. I also would like to know what type of trails you think are best for it (preferably downhill trails). Your advice is greatly appreciated. Thank You!!!!!!!

·
Singletrack Slayer
1,961 Posts
Lets see some pics of this new DB Topanga from SA. I would like to see what all it has on it, I heard it was like the Coil EX. Some pics would be great please. :thumbsup:

·
Singletrack Slayer
1,961 Posts
Cool, This is a 2009 ReCoil frame for sure.

Just specd to Sports Authority buyers. You did by it there right? If not it is all the same. The frame and suspension are pretty much the same as a ReCoil. This is just downgraded from the DB ReCoil in a few areas,

- Single wall rims instead of Double Wall rims
- Steel 25.4 handle bar and no name stem instead of alloy DB stem and 31.8 bars with a normal MTB sweep. and off brand seatpost.
- No name cranks and frt der instead of shimano frt der and suntour crankset.
- different tires. pedals
- Is it a 24 spd? if it is a 21 speed there is another difference.

This frame is a stout frame, just think about investing in some suspension upgrades and new bar stem and seatpost and ditch the plastic pedal before you hit some dirt. If you want to downhill on this make sure you have a good helment and pads! Some parts will fail or just plain break if you jump a ton over time. Lots of variables to account for. Yes this bike as is could handle it for some time if maintained proplery but Be Careful. Look at other threads on here with a upgraded Recoil frame with some nice stuff on it.

Look at it like this: get into the sport for the pure fun of it; and as you learn and get better and brake stuff overtime = upgrade as needed and as your budget will allow.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you guys very much. Special thanks to David. I am a lot more confident about taking the bike out. I will be downhilling tomorrow for sure. I will let you know how it goes. Thank you again for all of your help.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey sorry this is a total noob question. I have never really upgraded suspension on my bikes before. I know what im thinking about getting for the fork but i was wondering if you could put a rear shock that has more travel than the stock one. i think the stock one has 4 inches of travel. Can i upgrade that to like 6.5 or 7 inches of travel?

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.