Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
In the rear with the beer
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shout out to our Florida riding brothers! Hey, I'm going to my parents for a week just north of daytona, kinda close to flagler beach. First, any places where I could rent a bike? Second, any trails to ride? Curious...as I'm going to need to burn off the mucho-calories in my mom's cooking.....

Thanks in advance....

·
Papa T
273 Posts
Big Dude, you are in luck. We have a killer trail in Flagler County. Just west of the Flagler Beach bridge, go north on Colbert lane about 3 miles. You will see Graham Swamp preserve on your left. Park in the dirt lot. Start on the south entrance. Here you will find 6.5 miles of awesome singletrack experience. Especially right now since we had some good rain out there last week.

Bike rentals may be a problem. There are 2 bike shops in Flagler County. PC Bike and The Bike Doctor. Give them a call and see if they rent. If you do not have any luck renting a bike, at least go for a hike. The terrain is very undulated and it is the best time of year to be out there.

Here is a link to the trail review. It is one of the top active trails in the state.
http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/united-states-trails/trails-florida/trail/PRD_167485_4540crx.aspx

Also, here is a link from my ride this past Saturday. There is a picture of a gnarly root that should whet your appetite.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=476484

·
Registered
179 Posts
That root is a lot of fun, I remember when I first started riding out there and was finally able to clear it for the first time. nothing like that sense of accomplishment.

(I think the root is even tougher than it looks in the picture)

·
In the rear with the beer
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I think my parents actually live pretty close to that trail you are talking about. I've sent emails to both bike shops...hoping to hear good news back. Gotta get my fix!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.