Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a pretty craptastic day weather wise, tons of friggin rain, but it got better later. Lots of fun playing in the dirt, will be even more fun when its dry and we can bust the bikes out. Can't wait. Check it out. The lips and landing need to be shaped yet, but the basic shape and length is there. It was really sloppy though, and the dirt is like saturated clay.

Its huge, like 20+ huge, THAT"S BUCK RIGHT DER

figure that shovel is about 5' long, I count at least 4 of em....(Oh gawd, here come the comments on this one)

The plan, we used AutoCAD, it was quality.......(sorry about the finger, white trash poncho and flamer knot)

Sam the guard dog, he keeps the riff-raff and jibbers away.

More later.......

·
Banned
1,608 Posts
lol.... cool pics...
and that's a ton of funn on ur way ...lockyyyyyyyy...
Post some action pics. when availables...;)

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
4 Shore, We are going to try and ride them tomorrow, but we need to do a lot of finish work. A LOT, that clay is heavy and hard to manuever.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
more pics.........

we got a chance to hit one yesterday, but everything was really soft from the rain the previous day. More pics soon. We plan on having a few more lines too, but need another skid to do that.

Enjoy

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
That's amazing Beau! Is this your guys' land or just some random field or what??

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
COmtbiker12 said:
That's amazing Beau! Is this your guys' land or just some random field or what??
Private Property! They can't touch us! This is only the beginning! We have a ton of land to use, and the dirt has a lot of clay in it.

We're in Minnesota!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gman said:
if you don't mind me asking, what kind of costs have gone into making this?
RG-5 Skid- $145
Trailer for skid- $20
Diesel to refuel- $30

Mutiple people working and helping- almost priceless

Some random dudes stopping by, shoveling and hooking us up with ANOTHER Bobcat Sunday was pretty cool- Thanks Jordan. Not sure what he paid for diesel to pick the skid up, drive it out, and drive it back.

Two cases of Red Bull-

Soooo......I'd say around $350.

But it would have taken all Summer to dig what we did, and none of us have the time or motivation for that. So it was money well spent. Plus, there are not to many places in the Mid to ride DJ's for MTB, so I assume we will have visitors quite often.

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
Beau said:
RG-5 Skid- $145
Trailer for skid- $20
Diesel to refuel- $30

Soooo......I'd say around $350.
So that's based on a 1 day rental rate for the bobcat? Do you think you guys could have gotten that done with 1 skid in one day?

Nice work

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
kidwoo said:
So that's based on a 1 day rental rate for the bobcat? Do you think you guys could have gotten that done with 1 skid in one day?

Nice work
Most of the work was done in one day. The second day was more cleanup. We didn't get to start building until 2 pm on day 1. Day 2 was cleanup. So yeah, it could have easily been done in one day. But the clay is reall hard to work with. I guess it would depend on the soil.

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
Thanks for the info.

I'm trying to figure out how much is reasonable to expect from a day's rental.

Much appreciated.

·
Registered
429 Posts
That's hardcore! We always talk about getting a bobcat, but never do...nice spot. Just keep it low key. Nothing's worse than having a bunch of people riding your spot and telling the world about it. What's even worse is when people show up and post pictures of it on the Internet...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.