Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Powered by ice cream.
6,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is getting hot in AZ. Time to get up early.

Two Simon Bars it's a little ghey, but who else will get up and ride at 0500

Dan just set his up rigid for an upcoming race. I just finished riding mine rigid while awaiting warranty service on the Zoke. The SB is pretty fun rigid, but I prefer it forked.

Dan gives a rip about such things and always builds his bikes pretty.

A little too pretty if you ask me, but whatchagonnado

Walk the Notch

Pivot on the Nose

Drop

Modulate the brakes

Pass on the Rubble Roll

(Pretty sure he would have hit it with squish up front)

Nose pivot followed by manual or hop if you want to make this one

Braaap

Land and BURP!

(Air up those tires, eh:O)

Roll in

A most excellent way to enjoy a pre-work day ride.

·
Singletrack minded
1,948 Posts
I'm tipping it's clear 'frame protector' to protect the BB from stone chips. Dan likes his bikes pretty remember. ;)

Nice pics of the bikes and the trails.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Looks like a nice ride, and yeah on the heat and early riding. Did a similar dawn patrol last Sunday, had a great ride, finished before 9am, logged 27 miles with some sweet trails.

Isn't that what you said about the Monkey too? :p
fixgeardan said:
I already put the big fork back on .The rigid was ok but the fun factor is just way better with
a 120 fork on there.Lets do it again.:thumbsup: i just love this bike funnest bike I have ever
had

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Ya the monkey was a blast to I started braking it! That is clear frame protecter im funny like that.I just found that a stiff rigid fork on a stiff burly frame is well stiff.I also got some gold hope skewers coming :thumbsup: .

·