Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
BICP Level 2 Certified
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an awesome morning last week, where I watched the sunrise as I rode my bike by myself and did not see one other soul. All I heard were the birds chirping and the river running. Don't get mornings like this often. I took the gopro and shot this video:

·
My little friends
642 Posts
I love it when I draw the morning cobweb sweep on the trails in the Shed, those dark, spiky spiders that love to build their webs across the blind turns are the best. My helmet visor does a great job of cutting the top of the web away while keeping the spider and all of it's crunchy victims intact to interact with the sweat on my face. They seem to know where the rattlesnakes enjoy stretching out in the morning sun as well, so you can surprise them while frantically trying to stop with one hand on the brake lever, and the other picking hard moving things away from your mouth. Good times!

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I love it when I draw the morning cobweb sweep on the trails in the Shed, those dark, spiky spiders that love to build their webs across the blind turns are the best. My helmet visor does a great job of cutting the top of the web away while keeping the spider and all of it's crunchy victims intact to interact with the sweat on my face. They seem to know where the rattlesnakes enjoy stretching out in the morning sun as well, so you can surprise them while frantically trying to stop with one hand on the brake lever, and the other picking hard moving things away from your mouth. Good times!

I haven't "seen" rattlers there before.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
263 Posts
Completely different than a ride on a warm Saturday in the summer.
Nice job on the switchback at the bottom of Bloede I struggle on that. :thumbsup:
Hope to see you out there soon.

·
EGGROLL!!!
390 Posts
I will be in Ellicott City for a few hours on Saturday looking to kill some time with a ride. What is the best trailhead to hit to ride in Patapsco? I love long xc type trails, don't need a lot of rocks to feel fulfilled, the faster the singletrack the better. I understand this may not be the trail system to find that, lol. I appreciate your help!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using tiny.cc/Mtbr_android_app

·
Registered
440 Posts
Where to park?

Can you tell me where the best place to park is? I was there today but your video looks different...

·
BICP Level 2 Certified
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I typically ride from my house and trough Rockburn into Patapsco when I'm solo. To answer your question though, for these trails, I would recommend parking at Rockburn Branch Park and ride through to Patapsco.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts