Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning Patrol, Dawn Patrol...Whatever.

Meet in the Heritage Square lot at 6:AM. We're usually RTR by 6:10 or so.

In case your late, we'll probably ride up Apex Trail, turned up Pick N Sledge, ride Grubstake Loop around and down Sluicebox back to the Apex trail. If we have time and energy we can turn up and ride all the way up the Apex trail and then back down "The Enchanted Forest", which is a blast.

Look for a sliver CR-V with a hitch rack in the lot and I'll be riding a blue and yellow Jekyll.

Ed

·
Perpetually single track
3,175 Posts
I'll plan on showing. Blue heckler, white topaz sedan

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ride Report

Though we each had a good ride, I never hooked up with Kirk until the return from the Enchanted Forest, when he rode by as I was fixing a pinch flat. I never did see Evan, but I should probably take the blame for the mixup since Apex has two lots, about 50 feet from each other, but neither lot can be seen from the other one.

So for future reference when I say "meet in the Heritage Square lot..." I mean the upper lot with the big arching sign reading "Heritage Square". Hope there's no hard feelings.

Anyway it was a fine morning and the sun was just high enough to blind me a couple times as I started up "Pick N Sledge". I managed to clean most of the tricky rocky sections after a try or two including a couple sections that I couldn't do a couple Tuesdays ago.

The Enchanted Forest trail was nice and tacky from a bit of rain the night before and fast. The way back to the lot is the usual minefield, but lots of fun.

As a side note (to self) I was done and on the road by 8:AM. The traffic heading C470 east was very fast with no stop and go, and no bottleneck at the C470/I25 exit/entrance. This is in contrast to other days when I was on the road between 7 and 8 stuck in all the traffic trying to make it to work by 8.

So Evan, did you make it there?

Ed

·
Mobility Now!
52 Posts
Breaker breaker good buddy: Your name suxxxxxxx!

DashRipRock said:
Ed, you have mail.
What the hell kind of name is DashRipRock? I've been around here for months and thats the dummest handle I have heard yet. Havent you figured out that everybody else around here has a really cool name. I bet you cant even ride a biek. Sucker.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Cool -- glad you like my handle! My existence is now complete. If you don't know who Dash was, you could probably look it up, eh?

Sounds like you've got too much free time, AdventureQuest. BTW, that's a REALLY cool handle. Did you forget the "For Fire" part, caveman, or was it too hard to spell?

Maybe if our paths cross at a trailhead some time, I can give you some spelling and grammar tips, before you decide whether or not I can ride a "biek" (sic.)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Singlespeedster said:
If this happens again, I'm down widdit. I love early morning rides.

Apex or Kinney Run/Chimbeldy Gulch/Lookout/Apex is nice too.

Evan needs to get well soon so he can ride.
I'm not familiar with Kinney Run and don't know Chimney Gulch well enough to commit to it for an AM ride, so my preference is Dakota Ridge Tuesday AM, and Deer Creek Thursday, but it doesn't matter much to me. Just let me know and we can coordinate.

Evan can't do a morning ride till Thursday

·
Mobility Now!
52 Posts
DashRipRock said:
Cool -- glad you like my handle! My existence is now complete. If you don't know who Dash was, you could probably look it up, eh?

Sounds like you've got too much free time, AdventureQuest. BTW, that's a REALLY cool handle. Did you forget the "For Fire" part, caveman, or was it too hard to spell?

Maybe if our paths cross at a trailhead some time, I can give you some spelling and grammar tips, before you decide whether or not I can ride a "biek" (sic.)

I did look up Das RipRock and all I could find was a bunch of music sites all in German. So I'm guessing his or their music must sound a lot like Kraftwerk. Which explains your stupid fruity hat in your picture. Also AdventureQuest is very cool. If you think about it youll get it. I like adventrues, so thats the first part. And Quest because I ALWAYAs am looking for them. Got it? I'll look for you at the trailhead. You'll be the guy who cant ride a biek and wearing a stupid hat.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Dash

It'd be sweet to see DashRipRock play again, if they ever tour out here.
I used to see them all the time when I was in school in the ATL area. They played all over the southeast. Great live band. I hear they are still playing.

·
Registered
138 Posts
AdventureQuest said:
I did look up Das RipRock and all I could find was a bunch of music sites all in German. So I'm guessing his or their music must sound a lot like Kraftwerk. Which explains your stupid fruity hat in your picture. Also AdventureQuest is very cool. If you think about it youll get it. I like adventrues, so thats the first part. And Quest because I ALWAYAs am looking for them. Got it? I'll look for you at the trailhead. You'll be the guy who cant ride a biek and wearing a stupid hat.
Tha't because DAS and DASH are spelled differently! Notice the extra letter?

(Note to self: I really should ignore this troll, but he attacks and spews and I just HAVE to retaliate.)

AQ, if you were really hip, you'd know that not only was DRR one of the greatest live acts to ever grace a stage, as noted by a tasteful board member below, but also that they took their name from Ellie May's boyfriend's name on the Beverly Hillbillies.

Furthering the hillbilly motif, we'll get to the picture in my avatar, which isn't me at all: It's Rick Miller, guitarist of Southern Culture of The Skids, brilliant social satirist and known fashion maven.

Also, thanks SO much for explaining the intricacies of your own user handle -- I was completely bumfuzzled! Here's an idea for your next adventure: read a book and use the dictionary regularly, and get on a quest to become something more than a lame-o message board troll.

You win, AQ, you're a flame-war master, and your invective thralls my every synapse. (Look, there's a couple of terms you can use to warm up your Funk & Wagnall's!) Just remember: Message board flame wars are like the Special Olympics -- even if you win, you're still a retard.

See you on the trails, hopelessly grunting and sucking at my rear wheel.

·
Mobility Now!
52 Posts
DashRipRock said:
Tha't because DAS and DASH are spelled differently! Notice the extra letter?
O.K. I'll give you that one.
DashRipRock said:
AQ, if you were really hip, you'd know that not only was DRR one of the greatest live acts to ever grace a stage, as noted by a tasteful board member below, but also that they took their name from Ellie May's boyfriend's name on the Beverly Hillbillies.
Don't even go there, if you want to talk hip I think my backstage visit to STING at FIDDLERS GREEN tops anything youve seen!
DashRipRock said:
Furthering the hillbilly motif, we'll get to the picture in my avatar, which isn't me at all: It's Rick Miller, guitarist of Southern Culture of The Skids, brilliant social satirist and known fashion maven.
Hillbilly shmillbilly you need to stop watching reruns of HEE HAW. I have over 150 CDs in my collection (every thing from Abba to Yanni) so I think it's sad when I hear about someone so misguided. It's like when you see a grwon up on a bmx bike, its like theyare just too dumb to learn anything better.
DashRipRock said:
[/You win, AQ, you're a flame-war master, and your invective thralls my every synapse. (Look, there's a couple of terms you can use to warm up your Funk & Wagnall's!) Just remember: Message board flame wars are like the Special Olympics -- even if you win, you're still a retard.
I'm not rying to win anything. Im just trying to help you out. You must have learded from some of my other posts that I have a partial dissability (aesthma) that slows me down sometimes but hey I still ride and I bet I could give you a run for your money. If noting else I could teach you a thing or two about taste in music because yours suxxxxx!

·
Registered
138 Posts
AdventureQuest said:

Don't even go there, if you want to talk hip I think my backstage visit to STING at FIDDLERS GREEN tops anything youve seen!

Hillbilly shmillbilly you need to stop watching reruns of HEE HAW. I have over 150 CDs in my collection (every thing from Abba to Yanni) so I think it's sad when I hear about someone so misguided. It's like when you see a grwon up on a bmx bike, its like theyare just too dumb to learn anything better.

I'm not rying to win anything. Im just trying to help you out. You must have learded from some of my other posts that I have a partial dissability (aesthma) that slows me down sometimes but hey I still ride and I bet I could give you a run for your money. If noting else I could teach you a thing or two about taste in music because yours suxxxxx!
What's so hip about the mainstream, especially when it pertains to a self-righteous blowhard egomaniac like Sting?! He was cool, about 1978. Which I'm starting to suspect was way before you were even born.

Wow, 150 CDs? Doood! That's like awesome! Abba to Yanni really shows how far you've scratched past the mainstream surface of what the big record companies tell you to listen to. Back when I was writing a regular music column I'd get 150 CDs a week in the mail. Numbers mean nothing when it comes to taste. And what about all those grownups on BMX bikes, who also rule the current DH and 4-cross scene? Sounds like they're not too dumb to me. Just keeping those skills sharp. It's about turning a pedal, regardless of the type of bike. It's all good.

Thanks for trying to help me out, pard, you're really doing a bang-up job. Look, I don't know anything about your partial disability, all I know is you called me out in an unsolicited attack on something as stoopid as a message board user name and now you're whining and sniveling like the immature, white-livered poltroon you've exhibited yourself to be.

I'm done here as I've wasted too many precious non-ride minutes of my life on your lameness. Grow up, boy, grow a set, and learn a little bit about a lot of things, such as diversity, and you may be able to redeem yourself as a human being. Ride on!

·
Non Dual Bliss
6,240 Posts
AdventureQuest said:

Hillbilly shmillbilly you need to stop watching reruns of HEE HAW. I have over 150 CDs in my collection (every thing from Abba to Yanni) so I think it's sad when I hear about someone so misguided.....

snip

....If noting else I could teach you a thing or two about taste in music because yours suxxxxx!
Sting, Abba, & Yanni? AQ, you lost the contest of cool before the event even started.

Burn all your albums.

Open your mind to some cool hillbilly music and check out "16 Horsepower" next time they're in town. If you ever get a chance to see Mason Ruffner live, jump on it, but buy any of his stuff you can anyway.

Replace all your Abba & Yanni with Social Distortion. You'll live longer and it'll cure acne.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts