Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
31 Posts
Dawn to Dusk participants!

Hey there... Due to some post-rain-equestrian damage to the scenic loop, we are removing this section from the course. Instead, we will be adding the Dixie Mine loop to the course. Get out there and ride it to see what it's like!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Yes, sorry, coach whip to dixie mine to pemberton. adds a nice section of single track
Will you have EMT's stationed at the bottom of the CW and DM downhill sections? 30 mph downhill + passing roadies = bleeding.

With a four person team it appears unlikely that all four of our riders will get two laps in. The Coachwhip and Dixie Mine addition makes for a nice loop and brings the total mileage per lap to 20.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Boo on pemberton only! I'll be racing duo. I sure hope I don't get rudely passed by anyone from greenchoice.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Flip flop your vowels K3N! Our duo team is just called Tribe Multisport.

And Whiskers, If you could, use the standard, by the book horse passing ettiquitte when overtaking me. That would really help out in making sure I have a positive, non threatening racing experience.

·
Need more cowbell
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Our duo team is just called Tribe Multisport.

And Whiskers, If you could, use the standard, by the book horse passing ettiquitte when overtaking me. That would really help out in making sure I have a positive, non threatening racing experience.
My team name was "Green Choice Solar"......I'm changing it to "Passing Tribe with Malice!"

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Passing clinics to be held day prior to race by me. I will demonstrate and make anyone proficient at the block pass, outside fold in, inside bum rush and just plain making you crash because you were slower than me.

Kidding- but passing can get dangerous when you have two minds working on one thing and they are not talking or familiar with working to gether. The answer- ITS RACING. Fastest wins. Slowest loses. Tortise vs. Hare is not a race, it's a fable. I know I have had some pros pass me so fasgt and aggressive it sucked the decals off my bike. I too have been set to make a dreamy pass when the passee decides I am passing later or something and then we collide. The true technique in a collision such as this is how to make sure you don't fall at any cost-even to your competitor.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.