Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have gone through this before and decided on getting a heckler. I went to the closest SC dealer ( 2 hours away) to check out the hecklers in person. The bike shop dude told me about having to warranty quite a few hecklers for a cracked down tube just above the BB. :nono: He had one in the shop and had just took care of one a week before. He has seen many more problems with hecklers in the last couple of years than ever before, and he wanted to let me know about the issues up front. He said if that is really what I wanted he would sell me one, but..... So I decided now I will get a dawg. I have always liked dawgs and the geometry feels really good to me:D , except for the stand over height. I got to try one on a local trail . it was not the right size (too big) but it still felt good. BUT now SC has thrown a wrench into my plan by coming out with a new redesigned heckler:madman: . Did they fix the cracking tube problem? Now what to do ? I have really grown fond of the thought of getting a dawg. The kona dealer is 15 minutes away and a pretty good shop. They are the biggest MTB supporting shop around. a little info I am 210lbs live in FL and ride trail with 1-3 foot drops as well as some urban riding. May I will go bigger with a more confidence inspiring ride. :thumbsup:

thanks and sorry for rambling

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Doesn't sound like much of a decision...get the dawg. You mention a standover issue with it..what is the issue? Or was it with the one you tried that was too big? If that's the case then it really isn't an issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.