Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a stock DAWG 05. My riding style is trails and XC, I like technical stuff (max drop height 3' )
I am thinking of upgrading my fork (currently Marzzochi EXR pro 120 air) and considering the FOX vanilla.

Should I upgrade or do you think the Marz. should be enough?
Does anyone have experience with the vanilla fork on a DAWG?
With the combination of FOX float R propedal rear shock and the vanilla fork?

Thanks!
:confused:

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
I used to have a Vanilla R fork on my Bear. It performed beautifully and handled plenty of abuse. Definitely a better fork than the EXR, imo.

One tip.....I'd at least get the version with rebound control and, if possible, the one that comes with rebound and compression damping. The more adjustable, the better.

Cheers,
EB

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

I have a chance of getting a used vanilla RL for about 330$.
I am not sure this is a good deal...
(For comparison the prices of new forks here are: R - 480$ RLC - 585$)

·
Registered
45 Posts
I also have a vanilla 130 RL. I love the ride quality. I would however only suggest upgrading if you have a problem with the Marzocchi. I mean, if you can feel it flexing in turns or rough sections, or if it stops working all together. Until then I would save the money and spend it on gas to an awsome trailhead.

·
Registered
6 Posts
IcePack said:
Hi,
I have a stock DAWG 05. My riding style is trails and XC, I like technical stuff (max drop height 3' )
I am thinking of upgrading my fork (currently Marzzochi EXR pro 120 air) and considering the FOX vanilla.

Should I upgrade or do you think the Marz. should be enough?
Does anyone have experience with the vanilla fork on a DAWG?
With the combination of FOX float R propedal rear shock and the vanilla fork?

Thanks!
:confused:
Icepack I would also take a look at the Rock Shox Reba I got a 100mm Reba on my UNIT works great and was a little cheeper than a FOX

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
nrcycles said:
Icepack I would also take a look at the Rock Shox Reba I got a 100mm Reba on my UNIT works great and was a little cheeper than a FOX
If I remember correctly the dawg is 5" travel and a 100mm fork would screw up the geometry.

I'm going to be mounting a Talas onto my new Primo frame, and that fork has been flawless for me thus far.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.