Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
person
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found it on craigslist. The guy had recently moved here from Europe so I imagine that might have something to do with the rarity. I emailed Kona about it and the guy that responded hadn't even heard of one.

·
lidless ascender
812 Posts
Yup, we had a few summer models in 2006 that were dubbed Team Edition, had a different paint job and were basically upgraded Deluxe models for the same price.
I even managed to dig up some (crappy) pics:
Kula Deluxe Team Edition
Dawg Deluxe Team Edition

I think there was a Kikapu Deluxe Team Edition, too, but I can't find a pic of it.

Marko

·
person
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the replies everyone. Yeah, since I bought X7/X9 bits for my bear I've been hooked on Sram. I got a great deal from greenfish for one of their build kits; up until now I never really thought high end shifters were worth the extra $ (why I went with X7 shifters on my older bike)
but these X9 shifters are phenomenal. X9 shifters + X9 derailleur + fully sealed dry cables = spot on shifting every time. Aside cable stretch I've had to do no adjusting. I'll get some pics of her dirty once I think to bring a camera on a ride. She now has a name too...Rosalitta. I know I'm a loser :p

·
Registered
60 Posts
She's a beauty..nice work and nice selection o components. i have an 06 dawg primo (kind of forest green color). You are right on the sram...i have xt on the back and i'll go sram x9 when it breaks of decide to pony up the cash! She's a beauty..happy riding. jd

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.