Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking for a new bike. i have it down to 2 bikes the 04 enduro comp or the 05 dawg dee-lux...i weight 145lb and i have been told i have a very smooth style of riding. i want a bike that can do it all. a days worth of cross country, 6-8 foot drops, alittle bit of dirt jumping, and very little downhill (i have a DH bike for the good stuff).i can get the enduro comp for around 1,600.00 and i can get the dawg dee-lux for about 1,900.00.....what do yall think??????

·
Registered
10,034 Posts
scarecrow said:
i am looking for a new bike. i have it down to 2 bikes the 04 enduro comp or the 05 dawg dee-lux...i weight 145lb and i have been told i have a very smooth style of riding. i want a bike that can do it all. a days worth of cross country, 6-8 foot drops, alittle bit of dirt jumping, and very little downhill (i have a DH bike for the good stuff).i can get the enduro comp for around 1,600.00 and i can get the dawg dee-lux for about 1,900.00.....what do yall think??????
Both are nice all round bikes. I am not going to make your decision any easier by throwing in another possibility:

The ironhorse mark III comp - $1800 at supergo

http://www.supergo.com/profile.cfm?LPROD_ID=26070&lsubcat_id=7&lcat_id=7604&referpage=

·
Registered
253 Posts
I would say that 6-8 foot jumps might be a little much for both of those bikes. They can handle some jumping, but are not designed purely for dirt jumping. As far as suspension design the Specialized FSR design is superior. I would go with the Enduro as long as it feels good to you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
006_007 said:
Perfect, that crosses that off the list for you.

I assume you have ridden the Dawg and Enduro as well? What did you like about them? What was it you disliked about the ironhorse?
as for the iron horse i felt cramped on the med. and the lg is too big the iron horse has a wierd seat angle......yes i rode the dawg and the enduro. the only thing i did not like on the dawg was the stem. i think it should be a bit longer but that is no big deal i have a couple laying around that will fit if it really bothers me....the enduro i did not like the cable routing and the shiamno cranks the dawg has 2 piece race face cranks...after typing this i am realizing it seems to me the dawg has better componts....yes...no..????

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Better components.

scarecrow said:
as for the iron horse i felt cramped on the med. and the lg is too big the iron horse has a wierd seat angle......yes i rode the dawg and the enduro. the only thing i did not like on the dawg was the stem. i think it should be a bit longer but that is no big deal i have a couple laying around that will fit if it really bothers me....the enduro i did not like the cable routing and the shiamno cranks the dawg has 2 piece race face cranks...after typing this i am realizing it seems to me the dawg has better componts....yes...no..????
Imo, the Dawg has newer and better components. XT and LX with raceface thrown in.

·
Registered
10,034 Posts
scarecrow said:
Bingo.

If you like the overall feel of the dawg better, and it has better components (has a bigger price as well....). As for the short stem get the shop to put on a longer one or you will not buy it. They will happily get you set up comfortably on a $2K bike.

Have fun, and post pics!

TJ

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.