Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Rides like a kid
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She mostly rides on the TAB, but I wanted her to have a bike that fit her so we went shopping. She was really excited about it and this is the one she chose (Huffy 16" Disney Princess with matching helmet). Anyhow, we are going for a ride as soon as I get home from work tonight. Nothing keeps the bike passion going like a NEW BIKE!!!

She has done really well adjusting to Kindergarten, so I wanted to reward her.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Congratulations. Our son rides a Specialized Hotrock and our daughter is usually on her Trek Mountain Train (tagalong) hitched to my wife's bike.

When it came time to get our daughter a bike what did she pick? Same bike as your daughter - Huffy Disney Princess.

·
Swedetarded
527 Posts
Father daughter riding is a special relationship for sure. Enjoy it.

I was riding some DH a week ago with my 10 year old girl, she killed it.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I think most girls start out on Princess bikes...
My oldest matured, but still wanted a somewhat feminine bike. Friend gave us a GF Tyro in white and blue.
Youngest looked at a black /red flamed Hotrock I was looking at on Ebay, and thought it was the coolest thing... fits her personality too. Won it for her, and she can't stop riding it!

Get her riding early, and hope she doesn't ever stop wanting to ride with dad.

·
Mmm... Tasty
700 Posts
I would rather have her riding a princess bike than watching another princess movie.
Awesome quote. My 4yo is just getting the 2 wheeler thing down and is loving it. We were adjusting her seat and swapping the brake lever to one that fit her hand better, and she went over to the tools trying to "find" the right one.

She is riding the "green bike", which is a hand-me down little mini dirt-jumper looking bike, but she's digging it just the same.

I hope you are having as much fun as i am with it!

·
Rides like a kid
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Father daughter riding is a special relationship for sure. Enjoy it.

I was riding some DH a week ago with my 10 year old girl, she killed it.
That is what I hope to achieve in time. I make opportunities to ride, but I don't push. I think that as her skills improve, she will get more into it. She is really independent, so as soon as she realizes that bikes=freedom she will likely be impossible to get off of the bike.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Riding with your daughter will be a blast!

So at 6:45 a.m. yesterday the wife & I are trying to explain to our 2nd grader it's gusting 25-35mph + It's 20 degrees cooler than the day before, the allergy count is extremely high out and she insists on wearing a short skirt. Just before the total melt down I refill my coffee, crack up to myself and concede...o.k. kid we can ride bikes to school. :p

I had to crack up because she did say her legs were cold and the last block was total headwind that she could have walked quicker than ridden thru but she did make it and gave me the "toll ja" look as we pulled up to the bike rack. :thumbsup: God my kid is having such a jaded childhood. :eek: :skep:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts