Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
just 1 more
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Another yard sale find. Ascent model, Tange double butted, 15 speed, horizontal dropouts, Sugino GP crank. All original but the tires. This bike spoke to me. It said singlespeed:thumbsup:

·
just 1 more
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, rear der. L512, front der, AL-11, brakes and levers AT-50, shifters AT-50. FFB doesn't list much under Shimano but looking at the Schwinn bike specs (duh) it could be an 85? How do you read date codes? thanks

·
Registered
418 Posts

i'm pretty sure, that's the year my wife won the norba nationals sport/beginner hillclimb in durango on hers- stock except for tires, toe clips, and saddle. granted, there were only 2 in the race, but she did stop to help a guy put his derailed chain back on...it may have remained unchanged in '87, but i think the '85 had more of a bmx style stem and dia-compe brake levers. of course that was a long time ago....

·
just 1 more
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The front der. and the cantilevers show a JL code...Dec 85, makes it an 86 for sure. Funny coincidence, my Sierra is an 86 too. Thanks for the link Laffeaux:thumbsup:

G

·
azjeff said:
OK, rear der. L512, front der, AL-11, brakes and levers AT-50, shifters AT-50. FFB doesn't list much under Shimano but looking at the Schwinn bike specs (duh) it could be an 85? How do you read date codes? thanks
the FFB Shimano timeline is pretty good i think (just a bit hidden...) and has the date codes listet too.

http://www.firstflightbikes.com/shimano.htm

Carsten

·
Registered
156 Posts
I am fairly certain that in 1985 DB Apex's were only green and in 86 they offered red as an option. Apex was not made prior to 85.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.