Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
customized
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All are welcome, will be planning on a large group. For those that haven't been, you'll absolutely love the terrain. We will meet in the train bridge parking lot.

Same chill concept as the last two rides. No one gets dropped and everyone will be watched for. There are some very technical moves at Fork Rock, I am expecting the more skilled riders to pace themselves enough to give some of the less experienced riders some tips and be a visual showcase for others to learn from.

Planning a two-three hour ride between 10-15 miles covering all of Fort Rock's terrain. Both sides of the highway.

A couple of us are scouting the route this Monday 7-12-04 at 4:30 if anyone wants to join us. We prolly won't hit all the terrain, but will get into the good stuff.

Hopefully Crum's group will join us on, I checked thier schedule and they don't appear to have any events that weekend.

This ride is a stepping stone to a possible Lynn Woods group ride later in the year. If Fort Rock is generally a step up from Bear Brook technically, then Lynn Woods is about the same step up from Fort Rock.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Louis have you been in touch with Merrimack Dave? I offered to fix his pc but we never followed up. He doesn't need to spend $100 when he knows someone who'll do it for free....

·
customized
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I talk to him everyday just about. I guess he got another pc running and his son is gonna fix his. I think his modem went poof. He'll see this thread soon and take you up on it if he needs the help.

You gonna ride on the 31st?

·
Black Lion
4,431 Posts
Severum said:
Yeah I talk to him everyday just about. I guess he got another pc running and his son is gonna fix his. I think his modem went poof. He'll see this thread soon and take you up on it if he needs the help.

You gonna ride on the 31st?

Hey lewis,
You want to ride Fort Rock this coming Saturday?
Me and a buddy might check it out.

Greg

·
Registered
561 Posts
Good to hear,
yes I'll definitely be there. Do you have the # of folks going yet? If it's more than 10 I'll park 'cross the highway. That parking area is tiny, and I'd rather have folks that've never been, to get in the main meetup point.

·
customized
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Greg - what time are you riding in there? I may be up for it?

Ummm, what bike are you gonna ride?

Louis

·
Black Lion
4,431 Posts
Severum said:
Greg - what time are you riding in there? I may be up for it?

Ummm, what bike are you gonna ride?

Louis
Sometime in the afternoon.
I still have my Tracer that you have seen before. The one that got ripped is a black one I use for racing.

Greg

·
Registered
697 Posts
Liljoe, thank you very much for the offer to fix the pute. I'm using an old one now it's not too bad. It should last until I get a new one in a month or two, but if it dies I would greatly appreciate the help.

I am going to try to make the Fort rock trip but Saturdays can sometimes be a problem, depending on how busy we are at work. Been to Fort Rock twice, years ago and a lot of it was beyond my skill level but now that Greg has me rolling down log (and rock) stairs and over log piles, who knows? :p

Think I'll buy a set of shin and knee pads. :D

·
customized
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Greg, Mike and myself had a amazing ride in Fort Rock this Saturday. The route for the group ride is almost finalized. I am gonna take a couple more trips in there to get it down. Fill your camelbaks all the way up for the group ride. The three of us emptied ours.

Oh yeah, Greg has said he is gonna do the 25 foot 75 degree roller for all to see.

Louis

·
customized
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
None coming from me, I was scared senseless watching you do it. I couldn't fathom your confidence level on that thing. Although it has been running through my head when I'll get the nerve to try it. I bet I could do it...

·
customized
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
PutAwayWet said:
Which roller is this? Also, when are you heading out there next, Louis?
Email me about riding out there. The roller is kinda hidden but a real gem. I will show you. I need your help finalizing the route.

Louis

·
Black Lion
4,431 Posts
Severum said:
Email me about riding out there. The roller is kinda hidden but a real gem. I will show you. I need your help finalizing the route.

Louis
Guys let me know when you are heading back in there, I may want to join in the fun. That place rules!

This is the roller that Louis is talking about.....
Greg

Attachments

·
customized
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yogreg said:
Guys let me know when you are heading back in there, I may want to join in the fun. That place rules!

This is the roller that Louis is talking about.....
Greg
The pic makes it look a lot less steep then it really is. I emailed you both about riding in there.

Louis

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was wondering if anybody could give me a relative driving distance from NY(albany area) to fort rock.. I spend most of my time at Burke-it cant be farther then that can it?

B

·
Black Lion
4,431 Posts
stumpjumper B said:
I was wondering if anybody could give me a relative driving distance from NY(albany area) to fort rock.. I spend most of my time at Burke-it cant be farther then that can it?

B

I would have to guess between three and a half and four hours.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts