Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it worth fixing? i am 210 and i ride hard which is why its blown i am sure...but should i mes with it or just save mony for six months and buy a wb fluid 135? i have change seals on my dirt bike and its easy but i dont know if these are as easy?

·
Re-friggin'-Lax!!!
630 Posts
cdean5655212 said:
Is it worth fixing? i am 210 and i ride hard which is why its blown i am sure...but should i mes with it or just save mony for six months and buy a wb fluid 135? i have change seals on my dirt bike and its easy but i dont know if these are as easy?
Stone simple fix, fix it and save for another fork.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mine blew this week. Came on my new Marin and I'm obviously not impressed at this point. I've had it for 3 months and it saw 95% road/path and some light trails and I'm 170lbs. Assuming it'll be covered under Marin warranty?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Sorry for the slightly off topic question but are Dart 3 shocks the same as the RockShox Dart 329 shocks?

Just curious because the 329's come on a bike I have considered buying but if they won't take some abuse then I would like to know.

thanks.

·
Registered
536 Posts
de8212 said:
Sorry for the slightly off topic question but are Dart 3 shocks the same as the RockShox Dart 329 shocks?

Just curious because the 329's come on a bike I have considered buying but if they won't take some abuse then I would like to know.

thanks.
Yes, somebody oopsed on the spec you're looking at, those are Dart 3 29's, not 329's (which don't exist). Dart's only come in Dart 1, Dart 2 and Dart 3 forms, with the 3 being available in 26 and 29er versions.

·
Expert Crasher
6,359 Posts
cdean5655212 said:
what are you planning on putting the WB 135 on? They make a Fluid 110 which'll probably preserve steering geo a bit better (I'm assuming you're on a hard tail).

At 210lbs - you're probably in the average range of the riders on this board....

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think there is a seal issue with some of the '08 Dart 3 forks. I'm assuming the fork is fairly new so it should still be covered under warranty anyway, and even if it's not you should be able to get new seals fairly cheap.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it will be on the diamondback overdrive till i get my monk....but i cant offord to buy a different fork later. i also was thinking maybe a minute 120mm. i commute on my bike everyday so i cant offord to take the fork off and send it off so i might try to fix it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.