Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
im4Gsus
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
all dressed up, camelbak full, flat tire fixed and nowhere to go. the whole state is under water. :madmax: :madmax:

anyone else as happy as i am?

·
No new blood
156 Posts
How fast will DC drain? It looks like it is clearing up in that area...

·
im4Gsus
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
AZBob said:
How fast will DC drain? It looks like it is clearing up in that area...
it drains pretty well. i was thinking of going there now. i am slow but would like some company.

·
No new blood
156 Posts
I'm planning a coast-to-coast at a decent pace for the distance and my ability, which is better than average XC, but not close to a podium finisher. Ahh.... muggy, muddy miles

·
Need more cowbell
938 Posts
AZBob said:
I'm planning a coast-to-coast at a decent pace for the distance and my ability, which is better than average XC, but not close to a podium finisher. Ahh.... muggy, muddy miles
Don't do it Kaboose.....he's being modest about his speed. I think he only stays back with me when he's trying to keep his heart rate down. :skep:

·
Something goes here...
2,067 Posts
kaboose said:
all dressed up, camelbak full, flat tire fixed and nowhere to go. the whole state is under water. :madmax: :madmax:

anyone else as happy as i am?
Wha'chu talkin' 'bout Willis? Rain is glorious! I love the clouds. However, the humidity I could do without.

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Crash_FLMB said:
Wha'chu talkin' 'bout Willis? Rain is glorious! I love the clouds. However, the humidity I could do without.
Deal with it Sallie! ;)

·
Meatbomb
7,828 Posts
I rode this morning and the rain was not a problem. Like said before, the humidity sucked but it's better than 105 and bright sun at 8 am .

·
Ahhh the pain....
2,566 Posts
Woke up at 3AM to head up to do BCT from the BB trail head. Heard the pouring rain then went back to sleep. Laid there for a while and thought, wait, this is AZ in the summer...the rain should be fairly localized...checked the radar and sure enough, no rain happening between Anthem and Cordes Junction. Headed up there and got in a great 27 mile ride. Went south from the trail head to the jeep road, turned around and rode back to the end of trail at hidden treasure... That additional elevation and cloud cover kept it REALLY nice. Only bad thing is the trail is getting overgrown in cat claw...I think I lost a quart of blood from my shins. Take the shin guards if you go....

·
im4Gsus
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
all was not lost. i did a solo 17 mile ride in the muggy but "cool" desert. the trails were soggy in places - and i did ride thru the puddles - but nice overall. my poor clean bike is another story, but like tim said, i'll suckkit up! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
655 Posts
At 5:30 this morning, up the first new trail to the west of Telegraph Pass, across National to drop Ranger, out to the end of Bajada, over the connector to pick up Gila. Started and ended by the Kingdom Hall, only two hikers on the way in and one jogger on the way out, had the place to myself.

Attachments

·
Give it a crank
2,995 Posts
Nice shots! I heard some rain at 3AM and scrapped plans for a 5AM ride and slept in. Then at 8AM my outdoor thermometer showed 84F. So I did a 3-hr 18-mile ride in the lower McDowells. Only saw one other rider and a few hikers. Then it poured pretty good after lunch. Now the thermometer shows 82F outside! I'm gonna check out PMP.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Super ride on Bug Spring/Prison Camp on Mt Lemmon today. Creek crossings, tacky soil, temps low to high 70's. Incredible day for July. Didn't even have to carry water for the dog, there was plenty.
I LOVE THE RAIN!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts