Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else racing it this Sunday?

Maurice please do not tell me you are doing it SS.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Thanks mergs !

It should still be fun, my first MTB race earlier this year I got my butt handed to me in a silver plate but I've been improving slightly, thanks to the SS I should say.

I use my daily commute as training grounds (17 miles each way with a nice hill... and [email protected]#$% soccer-moms cutting me off all the time...). It's nice to be able to go faster on the trails, but mostly to me it's a good motivation to exercise and stay healthy.

Andy, looking forward to seeing you on Sunday !

Cheers,

Maurice

·
it's just baby phat..
865 Posts
i wish i could

AndyE said:
Is anyone else racing it this Sunday?

Maurice please do not tell me you are doing it SS.
i would have been excellent training for the 24 hrs of allamuchy. we are baptizing my son this sunday so i can't go. good luck!

phat

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The only way you'll see me Sunday is if

Maurice said:
Thanks mergs !

It should still be fun, my first MTB race earlier this year I got my butt handed to me in a silver plate but I've been improving slightly, thanks to the SS I should say.

I use my daily commute as training grounds (17 miles each way with a nice hill... and [email protected]#$% soccer-moms cutting me off all the time...). It's nice to be able to go faster on the trails, but mostly to me it's a good motivation to exercise and stay healthy.

Andy, looking forward to seeing you on Sunday !

Cheers,

Maurice
you are looking in a rearview mirror.

So that's it 17 miles each way each day. Mine is about 12, but it is on a bus so it doesn't really count. :D

See you there

·
Registered
573 Posts
Race is over and what a race !

We had fun, although I had a huge breakdown around 2/3 of the race and thought I wouldn't finish... Results are here.

Lots of mud, wrong tires, wrecks, didn't eat enough and had a bad breakdown, but made it to the finish and happy !

See Andy, I was the one in your mirror ;)

Maurice

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great race

Maurice said:
See Andy, I was the one in your mirror ;)

Maurice
Don't worry I won't get use to it :D

I can't believe they have to results up already.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts