Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Recovering Weight Weenie
8,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm posting these for Dark Helmet since he has a hard time finding the "any key" on his computer...fortunately, he's a bit more apt with a wrench and has finished assembling his new ti geared 29er from our find friend Scott Quiring. It's one of the lightest, suspension fork equipped big-wheelers I've seen...

p.s. frame size is about 17"/med

Get a napkin and dig in!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Uhh, yea, it's beautiful but....

...it doesn't fit. You see, through a combination of pure stupidity and lack of attention to detail (on my part), the top tube is simply too long. Scott and I went back and forth on the drawing about 10 times on this bike and when I approved the final drawing I sent him the wrong attachment with the go-ahead to build it. And he did exactly as I asked.

Problem is, I told him to build drawing five, which is a version very far from the final spec. Its dimensions are here and it's officially available. I'm going to have him build me the right one this time. It's built for a light guy and it weighs 3.4 lbs. More images available.

Post here if you're interested. Or email me: [email protected]

Duh.:madman:

Attachments

·
drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
3,910 Posts
Darkhelmet said:
...it doesn't fit. You see, through a combination of pure stupidity and lack of attention to detail (on my part), the top tube is simply too long. Scott and I went back and forth on the drawing about 10 times on this bike and when I approved the final drawing I sent him the wrong attachment with the go-ahead to build it. And he did exactly as I asked.

Problem is, I told him to build drawing five, which is a version very far from the final spec. Its dimensions are here and it's officially available. I'm going to have him build me the right one this time. It's built for a light guy and it weighs 3.4 lbs. More images available.

Post here if you're interested. Or email me: [email protected]

Duh.:madman:
That's a big "AW SNAP!" At what point did you realize the top tube was the wrong size?

·
Always Learning
9,608 Posts
Padre said:
Screw the stem and post not matching fashion faux pas. Uhhhh....they seem to be the least of the problems.....:eek:

On the other hand, I just about had the same type of problem with a $6000 kitchen counter top remodel when a mix up of which slabs of granite got crossed in the wires. Luckily, a double check by the installer prevented the problem from costing me a marriage.:thumbsup:

Double check everything - twice to see who is being naughty and nice. Then repeat...

BB

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.