Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been able to confirm if the Dangler will retrofit to the 2011 Stumpjumper? Also if and when they will be available?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Not sure about availability, but it will fit. Just get the whole chainstay protector plus the Danger, as the two pieces are made to fit together.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Wattzit for???

Just wondering what exactly it does, other than lift the chain closer to the chainstay?? Is this an anti-chain slap device?

I can say I have NOT had any chain slap problems at all on my 2011 Stumpjumper FSR Elite. Plenty of extreme DH time in UTAH this past August. No noise.

Is the dangler even neccessary?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Coming in April or May

Has anyone been able to confirm if the Dangler will retrofit to the 2011 Stumpjumper? Also if and when they will be available?
Someone emailed Specialized and they replied it will be available aftermarket in April or May... So we wait and see. Still, I haven't had any problems with the 2x10 setup I'm running except for granny ring chain drop, and I solved that right after I bought the bike last Spring by making my own chain keeper for the small ring.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I put my hand (LBS ... free of charge) on the dangler itself (not the complete chainstay + dangler) and used a tie wrap arrangement (2 tie wraps in fact ... otherwise, the dangler tends to tilt) ... as shown. It works perfectly ... on XTR 2x10 !

Attachments

·
Registered
597 Posts

Yessss. I took the one off the wife's new Stumpy and put it on my 2011 Elite. Works great, hardly any chain slap/dropped chain...that was bugging the piss out of me, and nice and quiet.

BTW, I put a Gamut CG on hers instead, she has the mounts for one....

There is also this alternative:

http://forums.mtbr.com/pivot-cycles/finally-found-easy-solution-my-mach-5-7-chainguide-issues-works-781138.html

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Damn, I like the Zip-tie fix, that is awesome. I am the mountain states demo driver for Specialized, and I just spent a good half-hour trying to find part numbers for you guys. No luck. They don't seem to be available for order yet. My best suggestion is, check back in another few weeks. I'm betting we will get part numbers up as soon as we can stock enough of the parts in the warehouses.

FYI...My demo bikes with Danglers have now been through 9 months of brutality, and I have not had any breakages or problems.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Damn, I like the Zip-tie fix, that is awesome. I am the mountain states demo driver for Specialized, and I just spent a good half-hour trying to find part numbers for you guys. No luck. They don't seem to be available for order yet. My best suggestion is, check back in another few weeks. I'm betting we will get part numbers up as soon as we can stock enough of the parts in the warehouses.

FYI...My demo bikes with Danglers have now been through 9 months of brutality, and I have not had any breakages or problems.
I appreciate the effort. I have heard of people being able to buy them, so p/n's should be available. My LBS accidentally ordered the wrong chainstay protector and the chain guide they ordered has not arrived yet. They are re-ordering, hopefully, the correct protector.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts