Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rode Bacon, Coral, Sawpit, and Braille today...epic, as usual. HOWEVER, at the main jump zone, just past the biggish plank drop to kicker there is a tree down on the final landing of the kicker. Hit that with gusto and you could find yourself in wicked trouble as you don't really see it till you boost. Anyhow, I put some sticks up to act as a warning but we need a chainsaw up there, stat.

When is the next trail work day, Stewards?

werd

·
Captain Trail Head
359 Posts
You da man Squashyo for posting this... I'm headed there on Tuesday and it would be just my style to boost that kicker and THEN see my imminent doom....

I'm down to sponsor a trailwork event this FALL. Who want's to go dig some dirt and saw some wood??

-Lars
Trail Head Cylery

·
Laker and a Trail Blazer
835 Posts
I'm going to demo tomorrow morning for first time. I live in Calistoga and ride annadale and oat hill all the time. I've only been riding for 3 years but trails I ride are, I think, technical. I'm look to ride about 3hrs at a fairly slow pace. Can you demo guys give me a good route? I don't want to ride the best trails the wrong way. I don't do big jumps but I like hitting the little stuff. My father in law lives close to summit store so I'll be coming from there. Thx

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Hmm.. for all of the trails head up the road to Buzzard Lagoon to ridge trail. Then descend one of the 3 main (and open) trails down (Corral, Braille, Sawpit) then climb Hinh's Mill Road. If you are up for more, climb Sulphur springs to ride Braille or Sawpit.

2 hours at a slow pace may be just a Braille loop. Sawpit will be a bit longer. 3 hours may be tight to try to ride both (at a slower pace).

You can maybe try going down corral, up sulphur then down braille in 3 hours.

·
Laker and a Trail Blazer
835 Posts
Hmm.. for all of the trails head up the road to Buzzard Lagoon to ridge trail. Then descend one of the 3 main (and open) trails down (Corral, Braille, Sawpit) then climb Hinh's Mill Road. If you are up for more, climb Sulphur springs to ride Braille or Sawpit.

2 hours at a slow pace may be just a Braille loop. Sawpit will be a bit longer. 3 hours may be tight to try to ride both (at a slower pace).

You can maybe try going down corral, up sulphur then down braille in 3 hours.
Thx. I probably have 3.5 hrs. I'll leave here a little earlier

·
padded
705 Posts
I'm down to sponsor a trailwork event this FALL. Who want's to go dig some dirt and saw some wood??
I'm in as long as it's a Saturday. Sunday is football day for MsWheels, so I'm on daddy duty, and WheelsJr is still a little young to be bringing out for a whole day of trailwork. The boy does love to dig, though.

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You may want to steer clear of Demo during the week unless you want your car broken into by tweakers
I really don't think this is a problem anymore. My car was hit back in the hayday and they tracked the goods to Salinas. After the major gang bust there last year, all car break ins sort of stopped. All the same, don't leave anything valuable in car and put a sign on your window that says, "nothing of value in this car...please move along."

Oat Hill and Annadel are crazy fun...you'll totally dig Demo and super hard to get lost.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.