Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
NormalNorm
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if I want to commit to the D.I.Y tubeless yet. Does anybody have any dangerous/scary run-ins going non-ust tubeless. Or is it all positive.....I am worried about the tires rolling off the rim, or suddenly losing air.

·
I live to bike
2,450 Posts
also lots of success stories. And funny ones, like mine. On a previous bike, I made some homemade goo out of windex and latex paint (I got confused and thought it was liquid latex, but it wasn't, it was paint). It worked, but the paint got all over the outside of the rim as well, so it looked pretty funny.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Vancbiker said:
I imagine there are way more sucesses than failures. Lots of people won't say much when things work well, but when thing go bad the stories areloud and frequent. BTW, I love the tubeless conversion and can not imagine running tubes again. YMMV
The trend here has been the failure stories are posted once or twice and then the former DIY tubeless user stops talking about it.

The DIY tubeless users that have success will continue to reply to questions and talk about how great it is (as you just did).

DIY TL does work great for some users with some tire/rim combos.

It also has issues with other riders and/or tire/rim combos.

Some users have had catastrophic failures with DIY TL with some tires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.