Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dangerboy Levers for Avid Juicy 7's

Man, these things are awesome. They make the already superb Juicy 7's even better. Solid feel, great grip, no flex at all.

From a bling standpoint, they match the knobs on the Fox 36 and the DHX 5.0 perfectly. Also got the fun skull caps for the lock-ons. Of course, the performance of the levers is really the key, love 'em. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fit like a glove

They take about 3 minutes to put on. They just replace the existing blade, no need to change anything internally, just remove a few bolts, replace the blade and replace the bolts. They come specifically machined for each of the different brands of brakes (Hope, Hayes, Avid, etc), so they fit perfectly.

http://www.dangerboyusa.com

·
whatever she says gueuze.
370 Posts
Just a quick note

Not sure about the other brake systems but for Hayes Mag levers, you'll need special equipment to punch the bolt back in. I bought dangerboys not knowing this and it was a pain hammering it back in and it scraped my paint off also. Otherwise, they do feel pretty nice.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ndinh said:
Not sure about the other brake systems but for Hayes Mag levers, you'll need special equipment to punch the bolt back in. I bought dangerboys not knowing this and it was a pain hammering it back in and it scraped my paint off also. Otherwise, they do feel pretty nice.
Interesting. With the Avids only needed a few allen keys and that was it.

·
Penny's my cow-cat
303 Posts
Newer Hayes no problem

ndinh said:
The older Hayes needed the special tool but not the newer models. I replaced my Hayes lever 2004 year with the DB 'sans' any special tool. I'm not sure what year Hayes made the change to tooless lever change though :rolleyes: .The Dangerboys are awsome and definately a great upgrade. :winker:

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
drumbum said:
But, are they really worth $70 for levers? I could maybe justify $30, but why $70?
I guess it is all relative. Value is going to be different for different people based on a lot of factors. For me, yes, they are worth $70.

·
-> SickLines.com <-
3,196 Posts
drumbum said:
But, are they really worth $70 for levers? I could maybe justify $30, but why $70?
Depends on what you are willing to pay really. The levers fit my hands very nicely and if you like 1/2 finger braking, the arches provide a really nice grip for one finger braking. The lever is a little bit thicker as well which i like as you can get a finger on it without having to bend a finger around the lever for one finger braking in bumpy/jittery sections. They have some ridges on the lever that help with this as well. How do you justify spending xxx on any part?

It all depends on what you want to spend. Some people would say how do you justify spending $ on say a blur frame. Its all relitive i guess.

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
drumbum said:
Ask how much are your stock levers... Most are in the 50-60 bucks range... from there, the DB are a bargain.

I dunno if I would buy them having my levers in operating condition.... but if I break a lever, I would surely go DB (too bad there aren't any DB's for the Julies)

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
holden said:
this thread seems fishy to me, as in sneaky ad pitching ... hmm.
huh? you're kidding right? Read a large number of posts on these boards. People recommending stuff they like and pointing out things that they don't. Just a comment on how much I like the levers, as you can see I'm not the only one.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Max99 said:
huh? you're kidding right? Read a large number of posts on these boards. People recommending stuff they like and pointing out things that they don't. Just a comment on how much I like the levers, as you can see I'm not the only one.
No doubt, I don't own a set but ridden bikes with them on and they feel sweet for both one finger and two finger braking. I just can't get past the price.

·
Toby Wong?
1,307 Posts
I've had my DB levers for over 2 years now and I just keep appreciating them.

flying downhill and being able to finesse the brakes, with fingers feeling like they sit perfectly on the levers, is a real treat.

they might be a blingy upgrade, but they timeless and won't expire due to technology creep.

totally worth it, in my book

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.