Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dangerboy finally makes lever blades for Gustavs!!! Anyone running them yet? The stock Gustav levers have a really long reach (the lever is far away from the bar) even when reach adjuster setscrew is adjusted for minimal reach. So much so, that I had to bend the stock levers to make them closer to the bar. So the question is, do the Dangerboy levers have less reach than the stock levers? It would be a shame to get the Dangerboy levers and they have to the same excessive reach as the stock levers. Any feedback would be appreciated.

·
Specialized Rida
815 Posts
henryl said:
Dangerboy finally makes lever blades for Gustavs!!! Anyone running them yet? The stock Gustav levers have a really long reach (the lever is far away from the bar) even when reach adjuster setscrew is adjusted for minimal reach. So much so, that I had to bend the stock levers to make them closer to the bar. So the question is, do the Dangerboy levers have less reach than the stock levers? It would be a shame to get the Dangerboy levers and they have to the same excessive reach as the stock levers. Any feedback would be appreciated.
I have them and they rock.....I'll right up a review or if you have specific questions besides the ones you just asked I will answer them along with some pics.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
skate said:
I have them and they rock.....I'll right up a review or if you have specific questions besides the ones you just asked I will answer them along with some pics.
Thanks for replying but you didn't really answer my question... Is the reach about the same as the stock levers or are they closer to the bar? Thanks.

·
Specialized Rida
815 Posts
henryl said:
Thanks for replying but you didn't really answer my question... Is the reach about the same as the stock levers or are they closer to the bar? Thanks.
I know I didn't answer. I said I would get back to you, but to answer you question quickly. The reach can be adjusted just like the stock levers. You can make them closer or further away. they are shorter in length, so doesn't feel like pulling a super long lever. It actually feels just like any other lever, but with a better feel and control to it.

It's been a busy week for me, so as I mentioned I will post some pics and try to answer any other question you or any body else has.

·
Too Much Fun
2,320 Posts
I LOVEloveLOVE my D'Boy levers!

henryl said:
Dangerboy finally makes lever blades for Gustavs!!! Anyone running them yet?
I just had my Juicy Carbons replaced with Dangerboy levers and I LOVE them. A friend had them on his Reign and I borrowed his bike and they felt perfect.

Love at first sqeeze. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have dangerboy levers on my Mags......they made a 100% differecne....serioulsy, I LOVE them

·
yaha ha
586 Posts
benja55 said:
I just had my Juicy Carbons replaced with Dangerboy levers and I LOVE them. A friend had them on his Reign and I borrowed his bike and they felt perfect.

Love at first sqeeze. :thumbsup:
whats the point of buying juicy carbons if youre replacing the lever...?

·
Too Much Fun
2,320 Posts
The point was...

snowforner15 said:
whats the point of buying juicy carbons if youre replacing the lever...?
...I didn't pay retail. :thumbsup:

And frankly, once I felt the D-Boy levers, I didn't really care WTF I did with the carbons. I just knew they were coming off. :D

·
i like rocks
1,606 Posts
my biggest hope and dream is for them to make a single finger lever for the saints...

·
Registered
345 Posts
DB's do...feel SO much better than stock.... they completely changed the way i looked at my mag's

·
Registered
345 Posts
um...........WHAT?
my bike is OBVIOULSY green........................................

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
henryl said:
for what?? the long magura gustavM lever is the best lever for this brake!!

·
Specialized Rida
815 Posts
henryl said:
Skate- Thanks for posting pics. In your photos, do you have the lever reach setscrew adjusted so the levers are as close to the bar as possible?
No, they can actually go back or in further, but any further for me and I start hitting my fingers.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.