Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
UpgradeItis said:
Has anyone had any experience replacing levers on Avid Juicy 7's yet? I'm going to replace mine with Dangerboys here shortly and wanted to know if I was in for any surprises. :confused:
Send me a set and I'll test them for ya:D I'm thinking gold would be cool!

·
Registered
804 Posts
UpgradeItis said:
Has anyone had any experience replacing levers on Avid Juicy 7's yet? I'm going to replace mine with Dangerboys here shortly and wanted to know if I was in for any surprises. :confused:
Just curious why you want to replace them? I think the Juicy lever has the best shape I have ever used.

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
Juicy levers can be a bit wierd to get off since the master cylinder plunger is attached to the lever. It is easy to get the pivot pin out and so on, but getting the piston unstuck from the lever blade can be harrowing in my experience. There is an accordion boot in there which would be tough to reseat it seems.

·
Feeding your addiction
2,648 Posts
frank n. beans said:
Just curious why you want to replace them? I think the Juicy lever has the best shape I have ever used.
That's what I thought, until I put the Dangerboy's on. Absolutely no contest, the DB levers feel far better than the stock ones.
Larry Mettler
http://www.mtnhighcyclery.com

·
Feeding your addiction
2,648 Posts
UpgradeItis said:
No problems at all when I put mine on, took all of about 10min for the pair. Very sweet levers, not just for looks - they really do feel a lot nicer to my hand.
Larry Mettler
http://www.mtnhighcyclery.com

·
Registered
239 Posts
SSINGA said:
Image is everything!

How about some of their end caps for lock-on grips with the flaming BB logo???
I've been using DB on my Hayes for the past few months. I really like the feel of them over stock. However, if your using carbon bars, stay away from the endcaps since they use a set screw that presses against the bar itself. They were not using the clamp type system. This is something you definitely do not want to do with carbon.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.