Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Formerly NattyBoh74...
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i gota set of hayes nines and i was wondering if its even worth getttin the dangerboys. ive read a thousand things on here and a lota people are noticing improvements. but i didnt see any one the hayes nines. are the hayes nine the same as hayes hfx-9? and i also seen something that says maybe needing a special tool? All help is appreciated thanks :):thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: also pics would be cool if anyone has them

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have the HFX nines on my DH bike with the Danger Boy 2 finger levers. They do feel nicer than the stock levers but they are little more than a cosmetic upgrade. No special tools are needed to install them.

·
Formerly NattyBoh74...
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so then the hfx 9 are "hayes nines?" it says nine on my brake levers ( the res.says it ) i wonder if i can find them used. ive only seen a few sets used, maybe another point in time ill get them. oh and is dangerboy the only other company that offers aftermarket levers?

·
Formerly NattyBoh74...
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yep just checked them, they have an interesting design with the one finger. Tho thats kinda like a lever i had in bmx called the gold finger... but i dont think that would be good for a woods bike...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.