Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FINALLY !

we finally got our hands on a few sets of their new mechanical pull levers giving the Avid BB7 owners yet another option on a high quality brake lever. The weight came in at 119 grams, offered in 9 different colors and retail for $85. Check HERE for more info.

later, Chad

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
These look great. I wonder how these stack up against the Paul levers.

Funny, but the picture on the web site shows some highly polished levers, but the list of colors does not mention them.

·
Lover, not a fighter...
286 Posts
Huh. Just realized that these are even lighter than Paul's. I'd run 'em.

How's the lever action? Smooth with no play? That's where the Paul's really excel. These look functionally light too.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
I wish Someone could clarify how much the lever set weighs. Can they really be less than the Pauls? If they are, and the ride report is good, I think i'd buy some. Oh, I like the polished ones too (that don't seem to be an option?).

·
Lover, not a fighter...
286 Posts
Wish I Were Riding said:
Then one of these weighs the same as a set of Paul's or close to it...
Looking at them more closely, you're probably right. They do look sweet, but they will weigh around 238g for a pair. I'm sure they will work great for AM, free-ride folks and people who don't care how light stuff is as long as it works well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.